Monday, April 10, 2017

Glossy Cardstock will be back!

Long post, lots of pictures!
I'm saying up front, my ideas overall are simple and basic. 
I used to do so much over the top stuff but found my customers didn't have time
to make these, with me or on their own.  So I have gone to doing mostly quick and cute,
(Emphasis on the cute!) for most of my projects.  Easier to prep for one thing! 
I have several new customers that can easily make the cards and love the finished projects!
New stampers were usually overwhelmed by my past classes.

*****

Starting with the new catalog in June you will be able to purchase Glossy Cardstock again!
Yeah!  I love techniques with Glossy cardstock!

I created an assortment of tags for my display board,
to feature techniques that work with glossy paper. 

The Bubble Wrap Background is created by inking a sheet of bubble wrap
larger than your cardstock piece, with 2-3 ink colors then pressing it to the glossy cardstock. 
The colors really pop on the glossy cardstock!
Inks: Soft Sky, Pool Party, and Dapper Denim
I work lightest to darkest when inking most anything.
Great technique for beginner stampers!

   

I omitted the metallic reinker in the directions.  After inking the piece of Glossy cardstock,
I cut the heart from Bloomin' Heart thinlits. 
Then cut the butterfly from the Bold Butterfly framelits, from the heart shape.

Saran wrap Background - so easy, great for beginners!
Wad up a section of saran wrap.
Ink it up on the stamp pad.
Stamp lightly on your glossy paper.

Close up view of the textured look of the saran wrap stamping.

Versamark Resist and a new stamp set!
Loyal and True - 7 piece - Armed Forces stamp set
I combined 2 techniques here.  Versamark Resist and Baby Wipes
I stamped the soldier in Versamark, heat set the image with the heat gun. 
Then using baby wipes folded over several times, I dotted the edge, with reinkers
in Real Red and Pacific Point.
I dragged the baby wipe over the Glossy Cardstock to create the waves.
I stamped the stars in Pacific Point and heat embossed the greeting in Silver.

*****
Another new product!
Circle Tab Punch - It punches 2 joined circles with rectangle bases
that fold in half to create the tab.

Versamark Resist on this item also.

A pull up pocket card.  I cased the idea from Paper Pumpkin!


Available starting in June!
New! Glossy Cardstock
8-1/2" x 11"
$7.00
Glossy finish on one side, matte
finish on the other. Lignin free.
24 sheets

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10