Friday, September 30, 2016

Treat Displays and mini bats!

Thank you for all your kind thoughts, prayers sent, comments, and emails.
I had surgery for my shoulder, collar bone issue.  Too many details to share here. 
Just want to say I am speeding through recovery faster than even my doctor expected. 
Positive attitude is 80% of recovery!

 I own so many cool things, I either do not use them, or can not find them. 
Even though I have been decluttering for 2 years, I have way too much stuff yet!
So I have vowed to start using the things I love anyway I can.
For my upline's team meeting I made a bunch of little treats to share with the attendees.
I showcased them on this tiered flower stand.  I made treats for Fall, Halloween and Christmas.
I'll share details over the next week about all of them.
I showed the Fall sour cream containers here.


These little bats are quick and cute to make. 

Materials:
for one bat - Black cardstock - 1" x 3 1/4", 2" scrap for circle
White Stampin' Chalk Marker
Googly Eyes
1 3/4" Circle Punch
3/4" Circle Punch


1. Wrap a Hershey Nugget with a piece of 1" x 3 1/4"  black cardstock. 
Use Sticky Strip adhesive to keep in place.

2. I attached 2 googly eyes (retired SU products but are at craft stores in other sizes)
 that had adhesive on the back already.

3. Draw a fang smile with the White Stampin' Chalk Marker.

4. Punch a 1 3/4" circle and cut in half.  Layer the halves together.
Punch along the straight edge with  3/4" circle punch to create the wing edge.
Attach to back of nugget , overlapping tips of wings slightly.

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Twila said...

Super cute idea!!!

lisa808 said...

The Nugget bats are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, how did I miss your surgery? I am so glad things went well and continue to do so! I know I was scared to death when I had eye surgery earlier this year. I guess it was the idea of maybe having a tumor and the fact that I would be legally blind in a year if I didn't take care of it. I sound like an old woman talking about ailments - what is next the weather?

I love these little bats! The little goggly eyes really make them cuter. Of course, I love the acorns and I am so on the fence about ordering the acorn punch and stamp set. The little bags are cute too and I really like the shabby chic holder! Chocolate and the holders - gotta love it!

Chris R. from Iowa

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10