Monday, September 26, 2016

Sheltering Tree - background technique

Hi all!
Sorry I dropped off the net, I had minor surgery,
and an event at my Upline's that I was making things for.
I was going to be so good and post everyday.  lol 
I should have known, life would get in the way!
This way, those of you behind on emails, can catch up!  :)

Here's a card we cased from Lisa Young for Stamp Buffet.


We created the background using a block, markers, and water.
I had this sheet for laying under the clear block.

We then colored over the areas with Markers.
Spritzed it really well, with water, and stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock.
After it dried a bit, we then stamped the tree, 2 layers of leaves, and the ground.
I had them start with a quarter sheet of cardstock, then trim it down to 3" x 4".

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

Sorry to hear you had to go through a surgery. Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for the instructions on that cool background. It's a fun, Fall card.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are recovering just fine from surgery. Also, hope it didn't involve any fine hand coordination for stamping!

This is a great card. I have been wanting to try this technique but just never get around to it. This is a fun reminder to try it.

I just ordered Mike a new Packer's sweat shirt for his birthday and was thinking of you.

Chris R. from Iowa

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10