Sunday, July 3, 2016

Jar of Love - Fireflies

This set has so many possibilities!

I embossed the jar and sponged white craft ink for the "glow".
The fireflies are stamped with Stazon ink.  I heat set each step so the inks didn't smear.

A customer shared a great tip for these jar stamps. 
The center is already cut out so you can get a lopsided jar,
when placing the stamp in the block.

1. Place your stamp face down on the table.
2. Gentle press your block to it. 
3. Lift up and your jar is on the block.

No lopsided canning jars in your cupboard!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim - I have been thinking about you! We were planning a few days in Wisconsin but that has changed. Maybe later this fall maybe. Anyway, love this card. I have playing with the firefly idea in the jar but just can't get what I want it to look like. I don't have the new jar set yet. I have done with the white ink like you did but I was still trying to get some neon fireflies in there too I guess. I just am never happy with my stuff. Hope all is well!

Chris R. Iowa

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10