Sunday, February 8, 2015

Big project!

I've been busy making over my office.  It was 70's green with yucky carpet that made me sneeze.
I painted the walls a soft grey.  Very close to Smokey Slate.
I tore the carpet out back before Christmas.  It was glued down.  sigh
It meant scrapping for hours to get the foam backing and some of the glue off the floor.
The last room with carpet, and thankfully the only one glued down.
 
Then the project stalled.
I got tired of not be able to use this space.  The room got filled with stuff as I wasn't using it.
So I emptied it out and sanded the floor free of glue and the one coat of finish on it.
One and a half days, kneeling, using a belt sander.  sigh
I could not lift the Orbital Sander from the rental place, so I had to use a belt sander.
30 minutes sanding, 20 minutes giving my knees a break. Repeat, over, and over. . .
So glad it was only a 9' x 10' room.
 
Look at that green waste basket.  It's full of sawdust and I wasn't even done!
 
The floor was made of a very poor quality wood so I decided to paint it.
I painted a thin coat of cream so the wood didn't soak up all the grey paint.
Then I painted a thinned coat of the grey/blue paint.
I mixed a quart of semi gloss paint with 3/4 cup of water to thin it.
 
I forgot to take a photo last night after I finished painting.
This is after I put the rug and desk back there.
Those are white blinds on the windows.  The camera flash really made them look odd.
There will be a rug over the floor, so I only had to do 2 coats in the entry to the room.
 
I need to paint the moulding and the door trim.  Then touch up the windows.
Then I get to put stuff back in the room.  I want to set up an area for photo shoots and maybe videos.
 
It will be nice to be done with this project. 
I can't wait to just do regular stuff, like cooking, cleaning, and stamping.
Remodeling, redecorating is not as much fun as it used to be.
 
Happy stamping!

4 comments:

lisa808 said...

Wow--what a project! Looks great.

joeytipping said...

Wow!! I am so impressed...with all your hard work and with the end results! Soon you will be enjoying your new room. Have fun in there!

Carolee said...

Big project is right! Nice job though. What an accomplishment!

Carolee said...

What an accomplishment! Good job!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10