Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Notecard Holder Tutorial

Hi all!
 
This is an easy project.  Remember, that's my new style.  Easy. peasy!  :D
It holds up to 6 note cards and 6 envelopes.  More than that and it bulges like too small jeans!
 
I also added a little bag I made to hold the sentiments from the stamp set.
It gives the recipient the option of placing a word on the front, inside, or not at all.
 
 I cut a 5" wide by 4" tall piece of vellum. 
Scored at 2" and 4".
Fold to back attach flaps over each other with Sticky Strip. 
Place Sticky Strip in bottom edge press together.  Crimp up 1/2". 
Like making the first part of a sour cream container. 
 
Slide your sentiments inside.
Fold a doily in half over the top edge.  Punch 2 holes side by side.
I tied this shut with a leftover strand of burlap ribbon I pulled apart,  from another project.
I just glued the butterfly to the doily.
 
 
 
 
 Tutorial for holder:
 
So to make this take a 12' X 12" sheet of cardstock.
Score at 6". 
turn 90 degrees, score again at 6". 
 
From the score lines at the sides, cut on angled lines.  For the one in the photos I cut right to the point from the scored lines at the sides.  I would suggest not cutting lower than 1" below the top edge.  Your flaps may not be strong enough to support the notecards inside.
Fold up bottom edge so cut flaps are inside.  Fold in half like a book.
 
To secure the 24" of ribbon I die cut openings with a small opening thinlit from the Chalk Talk set.
You could cut slits, attach the ribbon with Sticky Strip and a punch shape over it.  However you attach it, you don't want the ribbon to fall off when the holder is open.
 
 
I trusted the little framelit to stay in place on the magnet board.  Hmm, nope didn't happen.  Use a post it over it the second time you make the cut.  Just so it stays put!
 
Wrap ribbon around to front and tie a bow.
 
 
What ever theme you use for your cards and front panel makes this a perfect gift for anyone!
 
Happy stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10