Monday, January 5, 2015

Creative Blog Hop

Hi all!

 My good blogging friend, Lisa from Crafting with Princess Lisa, nominated me
for the Creative Blog Hop. This is a fun hop that continues each Monday.
 
I created a card with the new stamp set Sheltering Tree.
Available starting 1-5-2015!  It's in the new Occasions Catalog.
 
 
I did a fun, EASY!, technique for behind the tree.  I simply pressed
the ink pad (the new foam style) onto the cardstock and got my Pool
 Party rectangle.  The center of the pad didn't leave as much ink on the
cardstock, so I was able to stamp my images and have it show well.
 
It's so easy to stamp this set,
 it's photopolymer and easy, peasy, to line up!
 
I stamped the leaves twice without reinking in between. 
That technique is called shadow stamping.
The strip of the designer paper is from a new pack called Sweet Dreams dsp.
I just wanted a subtle texture in another color, and this worked perfectly!
You can also create this by stamping a line image repeatedly
or even drawing the lines with an aquapainter and reinker.
 
*****
 
Now, as part of the hop, I must answer four questions for you:

 1. What are you working on?
I am working on a swap for my Upline group and projects for the Occasion catalog Blog Hop for Jan 16th.

 2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
I try to do many styles so my projects look different.  When I need something quick I tend to do a minimal style.  I love making one of a kind vintage projects or assemblage style projects.  I don't think I have a locked in style.  I'm a crafter of all types!

 3. Why do you create what you do?
Many of my projects are for my Stampin' Up! business.  Samples for classes and workshops.  I am trying to pare down my life so I have more time for creating projects that are also art.  At this time, unless I go without sleep, that won't happen.

 4. How does your creative process work?
I get inspiration from everywhere.  A photo, a pattern on something I see while shopping, card sketches, items on Pinterest.  Others inspire me with what they share on their blogs or cards I get by swapping with other demos.

I read recently that looking at the color green inspires creativity.  While I am not going to repaint my stamp room any time soon.  I am just finally finishing it!  I will be adding some green accents on my stamp table to see if it helps when I get "stuck"!


 I nominate my good friend, KellyJean. 
We are in the same swap group.  Her cards are always awesome!
 

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

I first thought you watercolored the background. Love the look of using an ink pad! What a super idea and card.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10