Friday, October 10, 2014

Stampin' Addict's Winter Holiday Blog Hop

 
 Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Blog Hop - Winter Edition!
 
If you are looking for Christmas, Hanukkah and everything snowy,
then this is the blog hop for you. In this blog hop we are covering the Winter part
of the Stampin' Up! 2014 Holiday Catalog.  We did the first half of the catalog
in the Fall Blog Hop. Those links are still active if you want to see the fall ideas.

I hope you enjoyed Twila's projects at Stamp A Little Longer where she featured
the Wonderous Wreath Bundle.  She is so talented!

I am using the Curvy Keepsake Box die. 
It's been so fun to create projects with this die. 
 
***** 
 My first project is a garland for the mantle, or for in a window.  I layered Trim The Tree Designer Series Paper Stack die cut pieces over the Real Red die cuts to decorate two sides of each box.  The letters are the Perfect Print Alphabet Bigz Die.  The bows are created with the smaller shapes from the BigZ Bow die.
 
*****
The next project is a luminary.  I cut Vellum and applied Washi tape
to each longer side, before attaching the 2 pieces together. 
I embossed the Star from Christmas Bliss Photopolymer Stamp Set on the other side.

Look a night time shot!  These never turn out for me!
 
*****
Last project, a cute little Chapstick purse! 
I was going to make a poinsettia flower for on a box,
but I saw a purse when I picked up the framelit!
I cut 2 of one side with 1/2 the base to put two together
to form a chapstick holder purse.
This die set comes with 3 tags dies. 
They make a cute accent on a project.
 
The next stop on the blog hop is Betty's Blog at Kitty Stamp.
She 's featuring the Gift Card Envelope and Trims Thinlet.
Such fun projects!
 
http://www.kittystamp.blogspot.com/2014/10/stampin-addicts-winter-holiday-blog-hop.html
 
 
 
http://stampalittlelonger.blogspot.com/2014/10/stampin-addicts-winter-holiday-blog-hop.html
 
Thanks for hopping with Stampin' Addicts!
 
2) Twila (tjdstamosalot) -- Wonderous Wreath Bundle
3) Kim (s1itcher45) -- Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlet
4) Betty (kittystamp) -- Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlet -- http://www.kittystamp.blogspot.com/
5) Mary T. (nuhddad) -- Holiday Home Bundle
6) Yapha -- Mingle All the Way
7) Jennifer (jentimko) -- Newborn King
8) Tina (tina123) -- Christmas Bauble
9) Heidi (hlw966) -- Festival of Trees
10) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Bright & Beautiful
11) Debra (WebDeb) -- Ornamental Pine
12) Tanya (tanya27) -- Visions of Santa
13) Rhonda (rhondag) -- Get your Santa On
14) Mary R. ( MaryR) -- Partridge & Pears

11 comments:

Twila said...

KIm, what a great variety of projects using this new die. I can't pick a fav because I love them all. Great work!

Kathy said...

What cute ideas for this die! It was fun to visit your blog again!

Mary Trautner said...

I love them all but really like the chapstick purse holder. Not to see what to do do with the other two sides? Thanks for sharing.

Yapha said...

Fantastic projects, Kim! I love that little purse -- it's adorable!

Jen Timko said...

I have been holding out on this but my resistance has pretty much faded away. Love these projects! Nice work on them!

Tanya Boser said...

I would never have thought of a luminary with this die, you are so clever Kim!

Heidi Baks said...

Such cute ideas, Kim! I love the idea of luminary, and that little purse is too cute!

Tina Adams said...

All of the projects are really fun. The NOEL garland has a nice country charm, a beautiful luminary and an adorable little purse. Too fun!

Cindy said...

Kim, these are all fabulous! I think I might combine your luminary and garland idea for a lit garland! TFS

Betty said...

The garland is a-dorable! And what a great idea to use washi tape on vellum!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Wonderful luminaries and sign!!! The chapstick holder is perfect!! So cute!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10