Friday, June 13, 2014

World of Dreams - Faux Brayering

I like the look of brayered cards, but don't take the time to make them.
I wanted that look with the black silhouette image over it.
 
So, faux brayering!  lol  I dragged the inked pad slowly across
the Whisper White cardstock to get the brayered look.
The new foam pads stick a bit as you pull them and they need to be well inked.
For the Hello Honey 1" strip I placed it in an angle, along the embossing lines,
 in the Stylish Stripes embossing folder to get the embossed lines along the edges.
 
I used Vellum tape to adhere the embossed vellum layer.  It shows through
with the black behind it, I never notice it with other colors.  This would be better
 if there were brads or Candy Dots at the corners with glue dots behind them.
 
 
I overlapped the Crushed Curry with the Morning Mist to get the
blended green section on this card.  I cut the image into thirds
after stamping and spread them out over the green layer.
 
Tip:
Using the Woodgrain folder on a card
creates the effect of water lines on a lake.
 
*****
 
World of Dreams 
CM #134186  $19.95
WM #134183  $27.95
 
Stylish Stripes EF #132174  $7.95

Happy stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10