Monday, June 23, 2014

June's Art Tag - Flower Shop

I have a display of tags from a swap at last year's Convention
of Over the Top Swaps.  A few of the gals asked
to make some tags to create their own display.
Each month at Stamp Buffet, one of the projects is a tag.
Two of Flower Shop stamped in Soft Suede on Blushing Bride. 
I layered them with a Dimensional.  The little flower is from Summer Silhouettes.
 
For a background effect, though it barely shows here,
I inked the raised pattern side of an embossing folder
and pressed that to the tag to "stamp" on it.
 
Teeny Tiny Wishes is stamped on a 1/2" x 1" banner. 
I sponged the edges to make it pop out.
 
Linen thread tied through a Faceted Button.
The Scalloped Tag Punch base is 2" x 4.25".
We tied some Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon through the top too.
This tag will fit on the front of a card too.
 
My helper and his brother came and we did a huge project that
has been sitting in my garage rafters for three years!
 
It only took 3.5 hours! and renting a hammer drill.  It's up now and I can sit out there and not get tortured by the sun.  I get headaches from too much sun exposure.  I can have lunch out there, read a book, or sit and admire the yard.  Ignore the ugly white bench, it stays outside all the time as no one will steal it.  lolI hung some wind chimes out there today.  I also moved some of the potted plants.  Tomorrow I'll scrub the lawn chairs and get them out  too. 
My Fuchsia is blooming.  So many buds!
 
 My Saliva plant is a beautiful blue this year.  Last year it looked gray.
 
I'd gotten to where I really disliked my house. 
So many projects I wanted to do and couldn't do by myself.
I'm really grateful for good friends and thier hubbys,
that helped me with bigger indoor projects,
and helped me find a yard work helper.
 
Happy stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10