Saturday, May 17, 2014

NATIONAL PACK RAT DAY - May 17

National Pack Rat Day is annually celebrated on May 17.  This day encourages us to take a look at ourselves and see if we have “Pack Rat” tendencies within us.  A “Pack Rat”  holds on to, collects or hoards (often unneeded) items.

Pack Rat” can be considered a clever nickname for hoarder.  Pack Rats may develop
problems with compulsive hoarding.  There are problems that may arise
from compulsive hoarding which include cluttered homes, yards,
vehicles and other spaces.  Doing so may become dangerous for themselves
as well as others.  So today, take a look around and maybe start cleaning out
unwanted and unneeded items.  If you need to, call a friend to come
and help you get started.  Once you clean out and clean up,  you will feel good
about what you have accomplished!
 
Yep this would be me, boarder line, scary, hoarder situation.
.  As I am going through the stuff I pulled out of the stamp room
and do not want to put back in there I wonder, 
WHY did I buy this, that, and that!?! lol
I see myself hauling several loads to the thrift store soon.
 
I spent the last 3 days creating samples for the Hobby Lobby 10-4-$10 Guys Card class and the samples for the SU Stamp Buffet.  I also got a set of cards done for the QC swap group using the Traveler set, new and available June 2nd for everyone.  It is one of the stamp sets I ordered on my preorder.
 
I did a collage style card using NEW Lost Lagoon cardstock,
Smokey Slate, Crushed Curry and Vanilla cardstock and inks.
I sponged the crushed Curry ribbon with Smokey Slate. 
No as much on the others as I did on this one.  This one got a little too dark.
 
Traveler, Gorgeous Grunge, Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
I think I'll go sort another pile of stuff.
 
Happy stamping!
01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10