Thursday, April 3, 2014

NATIONAL FIND A RAINBOW DAY

April 3rd annually celebrates National Find A Rainbow Day.

A little bit about rainbows:
A spectrum of light in the form of a multicolored arc, appearing in the sky, is caused by both reflection and refraction of light in water droplets in the Earth’s atmosphere.  These rainbows always appear directly opposite of the sun.   The light is refracted (bent) when it enters a droplet of water, then is reflected inside on the back of the droplet and refracted again when leaving it.
Red is the color that is visible on the outer part of a rainbow and violet on the inside of a “primary rainbow“.  Many forms of airborne water can cause rainbows including, rain, mist, spray and dew.
 
NATIONAL FIND A RAINBOW DAY HISTORY
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator or origin of National Find a Rainbow Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.
 
Well how about that?  
I love rainbows.  I don't think I'll be seeing one today as we are cloudy
with a chance of sleet and snow.  It's April, right? 
 
So, I decided to make my own!
 
I used the Ticket punch and stamp images from Gorgeous Grunge and Perfect Pennants.
 
I'm off to find another rainbow.  :)
Happy stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10