Sunday, March 16, 2014

Inspiration - more color combinations

I like furniture painted in an ombre effect.
While this isn't exactly ombre I like the color palette.
 
White, So Saffron, Smokey Slate, Crumb Cake
I added Pool Party for a contrast color.
 
The card I created with this combination.

I cut the Window opening with the Window Frames Collection.
Embossed the card front with the Polka Dot folder.
I layered a Lattice die cut behind the opening. 
Behind that is a pieces of Etcetera Designer Paper.
I threw a handful of punched butterflies on the card and pretty much
glued them down where they landed, just made sure they were facing
the same direction. Added some pearls for the body.
A banner with a greeting from Lots of Thanks finished up the card.
 
I pixelated this image so you could see the size of the layer of White cardstock
I added on the left, over the back of the designer paper.  This side is
Navy Chevron.  Cool design but not for this card.  Then the Smokey Slate layer
and a pop of So Saffron with the butterfly for a liner.  I wanted to add some weight
to the back side of the card, with all the layers on the front it was too flimsy
 
I'm still playing around with the 1st color combo and some flowers.
More another day!
 
Happy stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10