Sunday, January 12, 2014

I saw it all . . .

Okay, when I first saw this set, all I saw was saw blades.
That's the woodworker in me.  lol
 
Using the Starburst and Circle Framelit dies.  I cut a saw blade from 
SU's Silver Glimmer Paper, using the 3rd framelit and the smallest  Circle framelit.
To create the center band layer I cut a circle frame out of Basic Grey, using the 2 smallest circle framelits.
I sanded in a circular pattern with the sanding block.  It gave the saw blade
the textured look of having been used and took the shine off the paper.
 
I really had a hard time finding a way to showcase it.  I decided to have it cut something but it was way too much to create a punch art table saw and a board being cut.  I settled on this. 
 
To created the wood look, (yes it does look like it is cutting a table!) I stamped the new Hardwood BG stamp and folded along a stamped line.  I pressed that folded edge into the ink pad to create the darker line.  It gave a 3D look to the wood without me having to figure out too many angles.  :)
Okay, now saw blades are out of my head, on to creating something else!
 
Starburst Sayings Clear-Mount Bundle 134818  $38.95
Starburst Sayings Wood-Mount Bundle 134817 $44.95
 
Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Carolee said...

What an awesome card! I think it will be great for Father's Day. Very creative! Thanks for sharing.

lisa808 said...

OMGosh--super creative!!!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10