Friday, October 4, 2013

Stampin' Addicts's Winter Holiday Blog Hop

 
Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Winter Blog Hop.
We've created many projects to share with you, using the Winter theme products from the 2013 Holiday catalog.  If you're traveling forward in the hop you've just arrived from Betty's Blog.  So glad to have her back in a blog hop.  She does the most amazing projects.  This time she put her creative spin on the Holly Jolly Simply Sent kit.  Don't you just love what she created!?!
 
*******
I am featuring Joyful Christmas, the Poinsettia stamp set.  It has 2 lovely greetings along with the large blossom and leaf images included in the set. 
I wasn't sure I could do out of the box with this set, but I think I did okay.  I'm battling seasonal allergy migraines, so I am glad they held off until I was almost done.
 
*****
The card. 
I embossed the images, then colored the cardstock with markers. 
The flower centers are Daffodil Candy Dots, colored with a  gold metallic Sharpie.
 
I embossed and sanded the Real Red Core'dinations cardstock
but didn't like the white lettering.  I rubbed the Real Red marker
all over the cardstock to darken it.
 
*****
A 3D Candle Lantern project.
Using the Simply Scored made this a quick, fun, project.
That's an LED candle inside, no flame!  I decorated
with Washi tape, after punching the top edge.
 
The flower image is stamped on a window sheet with Stazon ink,
 then colored with sharpies, before attaching the acetate over the circle openings.  The leaves are leftovers from the card above. 
 
*****
Acetate Ornament
The Window framelit shapes are cut from acetate and cardstock. 
The flower is 4 layers cut and adhered at the center with Dimensionals.
The flower images are embossed in black and colored in with Sharpie markers. 
Several of these would be nice on a wreath with lights behind them.
 
That wraps up my projects,  now on to Carmen's Blog 
where she is featuring the set, Remembering Christmas. 
Such  beautiful projects.  I love what she did with this unique set.
 
 

 
*******
 
1) Tanya -- Season of Style DSP & Washi Tape -- Tinkerin In Ink with Tanya
2) Twila (tjdstampsalot) -- A Banner Christmas -- Stamp A Little Longer
3) Holly (catrules) -- Wishing You -- Rubber Redneck
4) Rhonda (rhondaG) -- Calm Christmas -- The Stampin' Bunny
5) Betty (Kittystamp) -- Holly Jolly Simply Sent kit -- Kitty Stamp
6) Kim (s1itcher46) -- Joyful Christmas -- Stitchin n Stampin' on Paper
7) Carmen -- Remembering Christmas -- Stamping Addiction
8) Yapha -- Winter Frost Specialty DSP -- Rubber Stamping & Card Making with Yapha
9) Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Festive Flurry Bundle -- Lily's Ink Pad
10) Mary (nuhddad) -- Christmas Banner -- Mary's Stamping Happenings
11) Debra (WebDeb) -- Wonderful Wreath -- Heartfelt Inkspiration
12) Adriana (escape2stamp) -- Stamp a Tag Kit -- escape2stamp
13) Jennifer (JenTimko) -- Expressions Thinlets -- Stampin' on the Fly | My adventures in stamping
14) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Gift Bow Bigz Die -- Stampin' with Paula
15) Heidi (hlw966) -- Tags for You Bundle -- RunningwScissorsStamper
16)Tina (tina123) -- Warmth & Wonder -- Paper Art Garden
17) Mary (MaryR) -- Perfectly You -- {scrap and stamp with mary}

Happy stamping!

17 comments:

Mary Trautner said...

I love the ornament. I am going to have to try that. Super thanks for sharing.

Yapha said...

Absolutely stunning projects, Kim! They are just so gorgeous! I love the 3D lantern.

Betty said...

Kim these are simply STUNNING!! The first flower looks so realistic-- love the idea of metallic sharpie on the Candy Dots! And the two acetate projects are outta this world. I am sure it was a lot to cut those pieces for the ornament but WOW was it worth it!!!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow Kim they are beautiful!! I didn't like this set at all and just wow!! Great job!

Tanya Boser said...

This set does just beg to be done in the stained glass techniques doesn't it! Your projects turned out so rich and elegant, love them all!

Heidi Baks said...

All your projects look fabulous, Kim! That stamp looks great on card stock or acetate. Very elegant!

Tina Adams said...

The card is beautiful. The shading in the petals is so lovely. Great idea on the candy dots. The stamping on acetate looks like stained glass. Very pretty.

Debbi said...

Awesome projects, Kim! The candleholder and acetate ornament are stunning! Hope your migraine goes away.

Jen Timko said...

How beautiful these are! I love that ornament and your lantern is gorgeous!

lisa808 said...

Love the acetate poinsettia! tfs

Twila said...

WoW! Kim! I don't know which is my favorite, I think all 3 are. I love how you have used the poinsette stamp to make 3 very different projects. Great job!

Paula said...

These are just beautiful, Kim. Great job showcasing this gorgeous stamp set.

vickiw said...

These projects are so creative. Love it, you made me look at these sets in a whole new way. Love 'em.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Stunning is right!! You're awesome!!

Patti B said...

Beautiful. I love this stamp set and now that I seen it in use it is defiantly on my to get list.

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Such elegant and beautiful creations Kim! So rich and lovely!

MaryR said...

fabulous projects - love the lantern!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10