Friday, August 9, 2013

Stampin' Addicts Fall Blog Hop

 
Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Fall Blog Hop.
We've created many projects to share with you, using the Fall theme products from the Holiday catalog.  If you're traveling forward in the hop you've just arrived from Heidi's Blog.   You've seen the wonderful projects she created. 
I just love them.
 
I'm showcasing the Thankful Tablescape Kit.  I showed the table setting Stampin' Up! designed in yesterday's blog post.  This is a wonderful kit, it will make decorating your holiday table a breeze.  You know me though, I have to push the envelope.  I created several projects using a small amount of  the supplies in the kit.
 
 
A Table Centerpiece
I created a birch log to hold my banner poles. (I'll show my secret to that on Monday.) the small black 3/4" circles are punched from one of the die-cut chalkboard labels.  I wrote the word with the new White Stampin’ Chalk Marker
on them.  I used the Autumn Accents BigZ die to cut the many leaves from the Autumn colors cardstock.  The mini clothespins are retired, but so cute, and I covered them with the Halloween Chevron Washi tape as well as making a few mini banners (under the acorns on the banner)with the Washi tape.
The birch paper ribbon is nothing like fabric ribbon.  It is more of a textured paper
with a feel of plastic to it.  Not unpleasant, just more pliable than cardstock.
 
 
 On to some cute ways to dress up the place settings! 
On the left is a cardstock holder pocket sealed with the Halloween Washi Chevron tape.  I even put some on the handles of the silverware.  I wrote John on the name banner.  Don't get any ideas, I am not dating anyone new, it's like John Doe, just a name to use.  The name banner already has the outline on it.  So nice!  All you have to do is add the names!
Above the plate is a new Label Card Thinlits Diecut that I trimmed down to be a place card.  For the name I created a banner with the Halloween Washi Chevron tape.  I wrote Thankful on a chalkboard  banner I cut out with one of the pieces from the Label Card Thinlits Die.  The small yellow pattern leaves come in the kit.  You also get large Maple leaves precut.  I cut a few dozen of the others.  :)
 
On the right is a napkin ring made with the Designer Series Paper belly bands. 
I threaded the Burlap Ribbon through the ends of 1/2 of a belly band to create a ring.  A larger clothespin, from my stash, holds the name banner on the belly band.  So many fun ways to dress up your place settings.
 
 
Pumpkin Baskets 
These have been around awhile.  I have them in two sizes to show a table decoration and a party favor.  They are very easy to make.  I found a tutorial that shows a great way to shape these.
I love the Burlap Ribbon for the handle.  The smaller pumpkin favor
is a cute way to send a thank you home with your guests.
 
 
My last project is a mini banner for on a door wreath. 
I cut 3 triangles from the birch paper ribbon for the base layer.  I created the rosettes by scoring every 1/4" on the belly bands and a strip of the cardstock holder pocket I cut up.  Here again I used the precut leaves from the kit, along with some acorns and leaves I die cut with the Autumn accents die.

 

 
I have many more ideas that I will be posting in the weeks to come, a gratitude journal, a mini album, some more ideas for the table and another banner idea using the journaling cards.  Sign up to receive notice of my blog posts through email so you don't miss out!
 
Now on to Sara's blog where she is featuring the Sweater Weather designer series paper.  Such clever ideas!  Sara comes up with some of the nicest projects.

 
 
Blog Hop order:
1) Heidi (hlw966) -- Magnificent Maple -- http://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/
2) Kim (s1itcher46) -- Thankful Tablescape Kit -- http://stitchinnstampinonpaper.blogspot.com/
3) Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Sweater Weather DSP -- http://www.lilyinkpad.blogspot.com/
4) Yapha -- Harvest of Thanks -- Rubber Stamping & Card Making with Yapha
5) Tanya (tanya27) -- Truly Grateful -- http://tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com/
6) Rhonda (rhondaG) -- Halloween Hello -- http://thestampinbunny.blogspot.com/
7) Kathleen (fa_stamper) -- Halloween Bash -- http://www.fastamper.blogspot.com/
8) Mary (MaryR) -- Witches Brew DSP and Washi Tape -- http://www.maryrindal.com/
9) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Build a Banner Kit -- http://paulastamps.blogspot.com/
10) Adriana (escape2stamp) -- Oh Goodie -- http://escape2stamp.com/
11) Tina (Tina123) -- Envelope Liner Framelits -- http://www.paperartgarden.blogspot.com/

Happy hopping!

13 comments:

Yapha said...

Great projects! That birch log is awesome, and the pumpkins are super cute, too! What creative uses of this kit!

Heidi Baks said...

Adorable, Kim! Those pumpkin baskets are such a clever idea!

Tina Adams said...

I love the projects from the Thankful Tablescape Kit. I can't wait to see more on how to make them. I thought the birch log was my favorite, but now I can't decide. They are too cute to pick a favorite.

Kathleen Brill-Myrice said...

Such cute little pumpkin baskets. I need that tutorial. Great Job!

Adriana Benitez said...

Those little pumpkin baskets are the cutest! Great job on the banner and table settings, too. When you find your "John" he's going to feel like a prince ;)

Tanya Boser said...

You really know how to stretch a kit! That log is clever, and I agree with the rest, those pumpkins are adorable.

Paula said...

Great job showing off the versatility of this kit. Your centerpiece is so clever.

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Wonderful projects, Kim... love them all...especially the wreath banner.

Debbi said...

Way to think outside the box Kim! Love the birch log and the wreath.

Stacy said...

Cute projects my friend. I really like those pumpkin baskets - what a great little centerpiece for the fall holidays!

Nanette said...

Kim - You did a great job! Your projects are awesome! Thank you for your time and sharing!!

Nanette

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Wowzer! The whole event is ready with your projects! Love it!

MaryR said...

so many creative projects and you pulled together a beautiful tablescape!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10