Saturday, August 17, 2013

Horizontal Pop Up Card

We made this card at the Manitowoc Hobby Lobby Technique class this month.
I've shown this style card before, this time I added an ink technique
on the front of the card. 
 
It uses painter's tape laid over the ink pad, then apply that to your cardstock. 
It leaves a textured image behind and doesn't stick to the cardstock.  I used Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, and Rich Razzleberry.  I found the painter's tape technique here.
 
The cupcake was cased from a convention swap by Cindy Elam. 
I wish I'd located it in my stuff before card class.  I would have cased her whole
cupcake, not just the frosting technique.  :)  The frosting is part of a die cut
from the Labels Collection Framelits die cut.  I embossed it to give the frosting
some texture like the swap card.  I couldn't find the swirly embossing folder I wanted, but this one worked well enough.  The cupcake base is 2.75" x 1.75" piece with the top punched with the scallop edge punch. 
 
The inside.
 
To make this style horizontal pop up card go over to Catherine's blog. 
She's got a great tutorial for this technique.


I am making progress on my stamp space makeover.  I am combining what was in 2 areas to one area all together, in a totally different space!  Lots of sorting, getting rid of old stuff, and wow, I own that!?!  going on.  lol
 
Happy stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10