Monday, August 12, 2013

Fall Blog Hop How tos - Pumpkins and Mini Banner

or I should say where to find the how tos. 
It's so much info I did several posts.
 
For these so cute pumpkins I found the best tutorial on Limelight Papercrafts.
She used a bowl to hold the pumpkin shape while attaching
the paper strip around the top edge.  Best tip ever! 
I used a cup when attaching the strip on the smaller pumpkin.
 
For the handle she used brown packing paper.  We all have some of that around!
I decided to showcase another product and used the new Burlap Ribbon on the larger basket.  Glimmer brads were used to attach it to the basket.  It is trimmed out with Linen Thread, a  few die cut leaves, using the Autumn Accents Big Z die; and a Naturals Designer Button.
 
The smaller pumpkin has a simple paper handle, folded over and adhered to itself before attaching with Linen thread bows.  I tied right around the handle and rim through the punched holes.
 
 
****
Mini banner
 
I cut three triangles 4" wide at the top edge and 5" long at the bottom center point.  I turned the pattern piece back and forth to get the most out of the strip of birch paper ribbon. 
 
Each triangle is topped by a strip of chipboard hidden inside the designer paper topper.  I attached the chipboard with sticky strip to the top edge of the triangle, then folded the 1" strip (score at 1/2" for easier folding.) of the Designer Series Paper base pieces over that.  It is stronger for punching a hole through to tie it together.
To make the rosettes I scored a 4" x 12" piece of designer paper every 1/4" on the Simply Scored.  It is easier to do a larger piece once, than 4 - 1" strips separately.  I had to score almost 50 times so shortening my job was necessary.  I cut it into 1" strips after scoring then assembled them as it shows in this tutorial by Dawn Olchefske.
 
I decorated with some of the precut leaves in the kit, and die cuts of leaves and acorns from the Autumn Accents BigZ die.  It was so easy to write the words on 2 of the name banners rather than spell it out in letters.  I tied them together with Linen Thread bows with Linen thread loops at the end to hang it.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Happy stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10