Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Butterfly Wall Art

What do you call these?  A 9 square board?, memory keeper?,
pin board? nope, no pins, hmmm . . . let me know okay?
 
 
I created this as a "room" warming gift.  My friend Linda has a new classroom space for stamping at her house.  I wanted to give her something to display for her customers.  So it had to be current, cute, and quick as I had only so much time to create it before I went to her house.
 
I used the 5 newest in colors, the 2 butterfly punches, the Crepe Filter Paper to make the flowers, Silver Glimmer brads, pearls, Fancy Fan, Square Lattice, and Polka Dot folders. 
 
The base is covered on both sides with Baked Brown Sugar.  I used a glue stick to attach the sheets to thick chipboard from our dsp packs.  I punched holes in the corners with the retired Crop A Dile.  The Organdy ribbon was just threaded through and a knot tied on the front side.
 
 
  I used 9 layers of scallop circles (2 different size punches) to make the flowers.  A Silver Glimmer brad holds them together.  I just scrunched them, one layer at a time, into the center then fluffed them out some, no water needed as this paper is very delicate.  To create the vines around them, I used the line of pearls that are attached on the strip of glue tape.
 
 
The butterflies were embossed with the different folders.  I layered some, others I layered small butterflies in the punched openings of the cardstock I punched shapes from over the base squares.  If I'd had time I would have put pearls on all the butterflies too.  That idea only came to me today as I was editing the photos.  Now to make one for my space too!
 
 
Happy stamping!

1 comment:

LisaBee said...

I call it adorable! :)

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10