Friday, July 12, 2013

Stampin' Addict's New Catalog Blog Hop

 
 Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Blog Hop. 
I hope you'll enjoy this tour through the new catalog with us.  If you're traveling in order, you've seen the beautiful projects Rhonda created with Backyard Basics for the hop on, The Stampin' Bunny. 
 
*******
I will be sharing projects for the stamp set, Regarding Dahlias.
 
First up a Black and White duo.  This is a great stamp for embossing with. 
The petals are well defined and the greeting stamps are a crisp clear type style. 
I embellished with the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper. 
A great way to use up those little scraps.
 
 
 
*******
Next up I used the Oval Framelits to create a quick and cute Chapstick holder purse.  The handle is the 5/8 Inch Victoria Crochet Trim.It took about 15 minutes to make this.  I should make some to swap at convention next week!  I will get a picture tutorial up next week for this.
 
 
*******

 
*******
My last project, sad yes, this stop is almost over, is a Telescoping card.  I used Pink Pirouette and Chocolate Chip cardstock.  It reminds me of a candy box with the Delicate Doilies, Paper Doily, and the real doilies in all the layers.  Or maybe I'm just craving chocolate!
 
I added the greeting 2 ways.  On the open card I did it in white embossing powder and stamped over it.  The other I punched an embossed shape and layered that over the stamped image.  I prefer the Chocolate Chip Modern label punch shape layered over the image.  When I make a mistake, it's easier to fix that!  hahaha  I've got some tricks for getting those doilies to cut out easily.
I will post the details of what to do to create this project on Monday.
 
 
Now on to the next stop in the hop where Mary is creating lovely things
with the Flower Shop stamp set on her blog, Mary's Stamping Happenings.
 
If you get lost in the hop, come on back here, 
the blog hop list is posted at the bottom of my post.
 
Happy hopping!
 
 
 
 
Blog Hop Order: 1) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Timeless Talk
2) Carman -- Perfect Blend
3) Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Tag It
4) Heidi (hlw966) -- Around the World -- RunningwScissorsStamper
5) Tanya (tanya27) -- You're My Hero -- Tinkerin In Ink with Tanya
6) Yapha -- Zoo Babies -- Rubber Stamping & Card Making with Yapha
7) Rhonda (rhondag) -- Backyard Basics -- The Stampin' Bunny
8) Kim (s1itcher46) -- Regarding Dahlias -- Stitchin n Stampin' on Paper
9) Mary (nuhddad) -- Flower Shop -- Mary's Stamping Happenings
10) Adriana (escape2stamp) -- Happy Day -- escape2stamp
11) Debra (WebDeb) -- Beautifully Baroque -- http://heartfeltinkspiration.com/

11 comments:

Yapha said...

Fantastic projects! Great use of the stamp set. I really like that super cute chapstick holder!

Jen Timko said...

Beautiful, Kim! Love the black/white cards!

lisa808 said...

Love this new stamp set and all your samples today.

Tanya Boser said...

These are all great! And what a cute little chapstick purse!

Heidi Baks said...

Oh gosh, Kim, that chapstick holder is ADORABLE!

Mary Trautner said...

I love the purse. and the triple circle card I will have to try it out. Thanks for Sharing.
Mary

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

The Dahlia's are pretty in color or black and white. Neat projects.

Adriana Benitez said...

Wow, great way to showcase this image. It looks gorgeous in all of your projects, but is stunningly pretty in the black/white versions. Who knew?
The treat holders look fun, too! What a nice treat for friends (and customers). Thanks!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

They are all so pretty, but LOVE the circle chapstick holder idea---planning to CASE at Christmas!

Paula said...

Cute projects, Kim. This one is solidly on my wish list now. :)

Katherine said...

What fabulous projects! I love the classic look of the black and white cards. Stunning!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10