Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Share - Are your markers drying out?

Does your marker work on the fine tip end? 
If not, you may need to reink your markers.
 

Stand your marker in a cup, brush tip end up. Remove cap.
Depending how dried out your marker is, you may need to do this several times.
Place 2-3 drops of reinker on the brush tip, place the cap back on.
Do this every 10-15 minutes.  I do up to 3-4 times of adding drops every 10-15 minutes. 
 
 
If you have several markers to do you could do them right in the marker box.
 I try to do this when I am stamping so I remember to reink again.
You are actually reinking the felt liner inside the marker, that holds the ink for both ends.
There needs to be enough so it feed into the fine tip end.
 
Extend the life of your markers by reinking.
Happy stamping!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. Any suggestions for replacing the nibs. They get bad after using them on the stamps.

Kim said...

I do trim my tips as they wear out. When the tips are really shaggy and worn out, I use them just for coloring large areas. Eventually I just buy new markers. I haven't found any nibs that work a good replacement. Anyoen\\ne else?

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10