Thursday, June 6, 2013

My new favorite stamp set is Wetlands.

 
 
I love to watch the water wash across the sand and the birds skitter
back and forth in front of the waves.  Not that today is a good day
for being at the beach wiith the temperature at 52 degrees on June 6th.  Bleh
 
I created this card using a brayer for blending the sand and surf effect on retired glossy paper.
A white gel pen creates great white caps. 
A post it and dauber worked to add a bit of sunset.
Those are the new Candy Dots in Crumb Cake on the banner.
 
Would you like a sampling of the new candy dots in all 4 color families?
Leave a comment on this post.  I'll pick a name on Sunday.
 
Wetlands Clear 126697 $16.95
Wetlands Wood 126695 $21.95
6 piece set
 

Subtles Candy Dots  130933 $5.95
Brights Candy Dots  130931 $5.95
Regals Candy Dots 130932  $5.95
Neutral Candy Dots 130934 $5.95 
 
Stampin' Addicts New Color Blog Hop coming on Monday!
Happy stamping!





 

8 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

This card does inspire the sound of birds and waves! I agree about the weather though....

Carolee said...

I would love a sampling of the candy dots!
Really like the wetlands card.

Paula said...

We live right by some wetlands that drain into the Great Salt Lake and I love to go out there and see all the ducks and water birds. This card makes me feel at home. :) Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is the first card I have seen using this new set. I love the goose. Your card is stunning! I love the touch of the white caps via the gel pen. I would like this set but I wondered if I could do it justice? You certainly did! I never have brayered a card but I think I might have to try this. Can you tell I really like this card and I am not trying to win the dots! Of course that would just be a bonus if I did.

Chris R. from Iowa
ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love the white gel pen waves. I'd love to geta sample of the new product.
Lynn

Yapha said...

What a spectacular card!! Wow!! Love the colors, and your image is amazing.

sucor said...

Beautiful card, now I need this set! I would love a sampling of the candy dots.

Adriana Benitez said...

We have similar taste! The dots were on my first order, Wetlands is on my next! I just can't resist the little birds making their way along the tide line.
Sorry about your weather though; we seem to have jumped directly into summer here in FL. It was 93 on Saturday!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10