Friday, May 10, 2013

Stampin' Addicts Retiring Stamp Set Blog Hop

 
Stampin' Addicts is bringing you another top notch blog hop!
Here we are again at the end of another catalog.  It's so sad to reach this time of year. 
So many favorites are retiring.  This is my all time favorite stamp set. 
 
If I thought a letter writing campaign would save this set, I'd have everyone write to SU and send a leaf along, (Like the hot sauce bottles sent in to save the TV show Roswell, yes I'm a sci fi fan and I sent a bottle. lol).  Sadly I don't think it would work for a stamp set. 
 
If you are traveling forward in the blog hop you just came from Heidi's blog.
She created beautiful projects with the Forever Young stamp set.  You are at stop 5 of 13 in the blog hop.  Here are some of my top favorite cards for the set I am featuring, French Foliage.  
 
 A Triple Time Stamping card. 
 
You layer your 3 white layers with temporary adhesive. Stamp your images, then take them apart and reassemble the card with the colored cardstock in between the white layers.  You get a small gap between the white layers when stamping, the colored cardstock hides those.  This is an easy wow card.
 
*****
 
On this card the layers are raised with Dimemsionals. 
The Woodgrain BG stamp, (Yes, it's in the next catalog.) 
adds texture to the Crumb Cake layer.
 
*****
 
Here is a fun card for Father's Day.  For the Dad who seems
to live out of his briefcase.  A card just for him. 
 
 
Inside view 
 Word Play stamp image inside.  Yes that one is retiring too.
I'll post the how tos and measurements for this card on Monday.
 

Next on the blog hop is Rhonda's blog with Greeting Card Kids. 
She created such cute cards with this set!
 








 


1) Yapha -- Build a Blossom
2) Mary (nuhddad) -- Circle Circus
3) Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Elements of Style
4) Heidi (hlw966) -- Forever Young
5) Kim (s1itcher46) -- French Foliage
6) Rhonda (rhondag) -- Greeting Card Kids
7) Tanya (tanya27) -- I Dig You
8) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Just Believe
9) Katherine -- Kindness Matters
10) Carmen -- Little Friends
11) Adriana (escape2stamp) -- Need for Speed
12) Debbi -- Word Play
13) Debra (WebDeb) -- You Are Loved
 
Happy stamping!

14 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

I would have signed your petition, I love this set :)

Your briefcase card is too cute! Saving that one to the CASE file right now!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Adorable and handsome briefcase! Wonderful idea, Kim! This set is so pretty, and you've done your favorite set justice with your beautiful creations!

Mary Trautner said...

The Triple layer Stamp Card is great. Love the use on all the cards.

Tanya Boser said...

That briefcase card is a must-try! Love it! And every other card you made. I love this set, and it will be staying on my shelf even if it is retiring :)

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

My dad tries not to live out of his briefcase, but I love that card! Great use of a beautiful set!

Debbi said...

What fun projects, Kim. I love triple time stamping and this set is so perfect for it. I can't wait to come back for the dimensions of the briefcase card. Very clever!

Katherine said...

Love the briefcase card for Father's Day. I always struggle with masculine cards. I will absolutely miss this set, it's been my go to for backgrounds for so long!

Yapha said...

Great projects, Kim! I love the triple layer stamping, and that brief case is just too cute!

Paula said...

I just bought this stamp set last fall and haven't even had a chance to use it yet. Love what you did with it here. Beautiful projects!

lisa808 said...

Great triple time card and the little briefcase is adorable.

scrapinmeme said...

I really like the triple stamp card. You are very creative

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful projects, Kim! Love the suitcase!!

Mickey Roberts said...

Great projects, Kim! I will really miss this set. I would have written a letter...

WebDeb said...

Beautiful work using one of my all-time favorite sets. You did not disappoint me (not that I expected you to!). I've saved that second card; love the layout.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10