Thursday, April 11, 2013

Photopolymer Stamp Sets

Here was my first sighting of spring.  It is an early blooming Iris, Iris-danfordiae,
now it can be found under inches of April snow.
I sure hope April snow showers, bring many May flowers.
 
On to the stamping.  :)
I got the new Designer Typeset Photopolymer Stamp Set
recently and finally had time to create a card with them.
 
I had fun figuring out a way to line up the letters in the banner.  I saw online where someone put the banner on one side of the long block- I, and the letters on the other side.  With the block being clear, you can easily line them up over the banner.  Well this works for straight banners but not with curves.
 \
 
So I experimented and realized I needed to reverse the stamp image to get the curve correct.
I stamped the banners on the card, then stamped once on vellum.
 
I flipped the vellum sheet over and it matched the layout on the card.  I set the block over the vellum and lined up the letters.  They lined up perfectly.  I need another stamp set for words with 2 of the same letter in them.  For this card I stamped awesom !.  Then went back and stamped the second E.
the U and R were easy to stamp separately. 
 
NOTE! Place letters on block from right to left. They will be backwards looking at
them with the stamps facing up.  They will then stamp correctly.
 
Cardstock: River Rock, Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy
Stamp sets: Designner Typeset Photopolymer Stamp Set, Collage Curios
3/4" Circle Punch
New photopolymer set available from Stampin' Up!
Bombs Away Birthday Stamp Set

They cling to the block so well.  It is a much better quality clear stamp than
some others I have purchased.  I was able to stretch out the banner strip almost
double it's length, not that I recommend doing this, but I wanted to see how well it was made.
 
Happy stamping!
 

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10