Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Sampling of Spring

This will be a longer post than usual.  I've got several projects to share today.
 
First off a trio of cards using Papaya Collage.   
A vintage card using Soft Suede papers and ink.  The lace and my favorite accessory, the little safety pins and Jewelry Tag punch.  I sponged Soft Suede on the Regal Rose butterflies, before tying Linen thread around for the body.  It gave them a orange tinge!  That was a nice surprise.
 
 
Here a simple card that I think is a layout for workshops next month.  It was so easy to sponge a touch of Soft Suede color on the bird after first inking with Marina Mist.  I layered one of the Apothecary Label framelit die cuts over a cardstock piece that I embossed with the Square Lattice die.  Add a greeting and it's set to go.  A great card for a guy!
 
Okay, I broke down and tried the Chalkboard technique.  I think this would make a great grad card.  The technique was easy and I even found chalk to chalk the edges, without looking for it for an hour.  lol


***** 
Splish! Splash! Fun!
I loved playing in the puddles as a kid.  My son got to do that whenever he wanted.  Well, if the puddle was somewhat clean.
Here I created a scrapbook page to show the joy of puddle stomping, I downloaded a photo from a free site.  I know I have pictures of Josh jumping in puddles but with the remodel and shifting rooms around, I can not find stuff!  I will locate them before creating future pages to share.  I used stamp images from the Spring Sampler set.  The images offered in that set are so fun.
I used the Bold Brights designer series paper pack. I love how the colors pop on the Marina Mist base layer.  Can you see the little rain clouds stamped all over the Marina Mist paper? I thought they were a great image for this page.  I printed the words in the ovals using My Digital Studio.  Such an easy way to get just the right words for a scrapbook page!

*****
My inspiration piece!
A good friend gave me the Artisan Embellishments Kit  as a gift, and I used most of it to create this inspiration piece with the printer's tray we received last fall in a recruitment offer.  I love how it turned out.  I intend to keep this by my computer so I can look at something besides work stuff when I am on the computer.
I used the Tea for Two designer series paper, the 5/8" Flower Trim, a few Tea Time Trinket, so many fun goodies, and I was even able to work in a mini bottle cap!  Those are a cute addition to any project.  I think I like butterflies  Oh, I know I like butterflies!  lol
The quotes are from the Pursuit of Happiness stamp set.
 
***** 
These were so fun!  I made 3D treats with the Scallop Envelope die cut. 
I found the pastel Sixlets and decided I had to make treat pockets!  Aren't the images from the Spring Sampler stamp set perfect for treat pockets?  Where did these end up, you wonder?  Most of them got tucked into customer orders.  You know how much I like to spoil my customers. 
 
Well that's the last.  I hope it inspires you, as much as making these, did me.
Happy stamping!

7 comments:

lisa808 said...

So many fabulous projects! Your printer tray is really exceptional. Happy Easter!

Adriana Benitez said...

Great projects! You shared a variety of styles and colors - such versatility! Love the tray, especially the butterflies and trinkets. Really pretty!

Tina Adams said...

Thanks for the great ideas. Everything is really pretty. I do love the printer's tray with Artisan Embellishments kit.

Yapha said...

Oh Kim, these are spectacular! I love the chalkboard card! Best of luck -- they would be lucky to have you!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful stuff, Kim!

Paula said...

Great projects Kim. Love the printers tray.

Carmen said...

Wonderful projects!! LOVE the painters tray! Good luck!!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10