Friday, December 28, 2012

Spring Catalog Blog Hop

 
Here we are, another new catalog.  There is nothing mini about the catalogs
we now get twice a year!  This one is full of great new sets and embellishments. 
 
You may have arrived here from Sara’s blog, Lily's Ink Pad 
where she featured A Little Bit of Spring,  Great Easter ideas Sara!  
You may be starting here at my blog.  All the blogs, in the hop, link in a circle,
so you can start wherever you like, and make your way through the hop. 
I am featuring the Collage Curios stamp set for the hop.
 
First up a hostess gift card holder.  I've been in a solemn mood so this ended up
all somber looking.  It holds 4 cards with matching stamped envelopes
 and an assortment of sayings for the hostess to use.
 
 
I used dsp from the Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack - Neutrals Collection, along with Black and  Basic Gray.  I punched out 8 sentiments with the Modern Label punch and placed them in the card holder in a mini Ziploc bag.  It's all held shut with Black 1/2 Inch Scallop Polka Ribbon placed upside down on the holder.  There's a Velcro dot holding it together.

I used 5 of the 9 images from the stamp set to embellish the cards and holder.
On the cards they are placed inside the mini bottle caps, which I flattened in the Big Shot.
The bottle caps are available in the Spring Catalog.
 
 

*****
Then I figured I better liven it up and created a Bold Bright  Magnetic Memo Board. 


 
I adhered Daffodil Delight dsp with Tombow Multi-Purpose Liquid Adhesive
to a metal sign I bought at the craft store. I sanded the edges of the paper to
match the sign.  Then created 3 magnets by flattening 3 of the large Bottle Caps
in the Big Shot.   I punched out the images with the 1" Circle punch, then attached them
with glue dots.  I hot glued magnets to the back of the bottle caps. 

The hanging banners mimic the stamped image of the magnets. The banners
were created with the Petite Pennants Builder Punch.  I layered them over
Baker's Twine and permanently attached them with the Tombow glue.
 
 
The last project was going to be jewelry.  Instead when I got to punching out
the hole for a jump ring, I decided it would be a cute bag tag.
 
 I hope you're enjoying the hop.  Next up is Mickey at Paper Conversation
She's featuring That's the Ticket.  Such cute ideas for this set!

Click the buttons to take you through the hop.
 
 
 
 
Happy stamping!
 

18 comments:

Betty said...

Fabulous ideas! LOVE the clasp on the card holder and how you coordinated the magnets with the banners on the board!

Sarah Biswabic said...

Kim, your projects are wonderful! You've been busy! Call me if you need me :)

Adriana Benitez said...

Wow - these are all great ideas for gifts! The card set is so elegant and the memo board is so FUN. (This would be a great addition to a kids room or maybe on the fridge to keep track of family stuff!) I imagine the little tag would make a good key chain, too!
Thanks for sharing these fun ideas!

Heidi Baks said...

Great job, Kim! I saw your bag tag and thought, "Oh crud, I should run and make those before Leadership." Thanks... I think. :) I love the way you layered the stamp images... a form of art I can't seem to master.

fa_stamper said...

Cute projects Kim. My favorite is the bag tag.

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, that bag tag is adorable! I have lots of the large bottle caps left over (used all the small ones in a swap), so these ideas are great! Love the magnetic board, and the note card set, as well.

lisa808 said...

Great samples. I especially like the cute bag tag.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love your use of this set which seems perfect for the bottle caps. The bag tag is cute!

Debra Burgin said...

Flattened the caps in the Big Shot -- WHAT???!!! That is so cool! Somber or not, I love the hostess gift card holder.

sandi said...

Love all the projects! Thank you fo.r sharing

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Loved all your projects! Flattened Bottle caps awesome!

Jen Timko said...

Fabulous! Love that bag tag...thanks for enabling me to get these!!

Paula said...

I was trying to figure out how to flatten those bottle caps the other day. BS to the rescue!! Thanks for the tip. Love that bag tag.

Yapha said...

Such great use of this set! I really love that hostess card set, and the bag tag is super cute! Great ideas!

Mickey Roberts said...

Great projects, Kim! Love the stationery set and the key chain.

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

So cute Kim! I love your creations with this set!! The Eiffel Tower keyring and metal sign are especially cute!

Sue said...

Great projects! How did you punch the hole in the bottle cap w/out ruining it?

Tanya Boser said...

Great idea to flatten the bottle caps with the Big Shot! My fav is the bag tags :)

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10