Friday, August 17, 2012

Holiday Catalog Blog Hop


The blog hop will officially begin at noon EST on Friday August 17th. 
Be sure to check back for all the projects at that time!

Welcome to the  Stampin' Addicts Holiday Catalog Blog Hop.  
If you are traveling forward in the blog hop,
you just came from Debra's blog Heartfelt Inkspiration.  
What she did with the  Evergreen Stamp Set is just beautiful.
I am featuring the set Winter Memories.  A great set for those
who love to watercolor, but wait! I have card ideas
for those of you who don't like to watercolor too!

Watercolor Wonder
This was a fun card.  I used Blender Pens, Aqua Painters,
markers, and refills to color this picture.

Stazon Ink for the outline image- assorted markers and refills
Crumb Cake, V. Vanilla, A. Artichoke, Real Red CS 
Festival Of Prints DSP Stack
Vintage Brad, Natural 7/8" Cotton Ribbon
Woodgrain BG Stamp, Adorning Accents Edgelits Die,
Square Lattice Embossing Folder (on red piece)
*****
Spotlight  Technique - Easy!  Very little coloring.
 Stamp 2 of the image with Black Stazon ink.  One on your card layer
and one on a scrap.  I used markers to color this, then punched a circle
from the image colored on the scrap.   Layer this over your card layer piece. 
Line it up exactly.  That's your spotlight piece!

Stazon Ink, assorted markers
W. White, Real Red CS
1 3/8" Circle Punch
1/8 Real Red Taffeta Ribbon 
*****
Sepia Technique - Monochromatic effect
No coloring!
To get this look I stamped off the inked image before stamping on the CS.
When I attach pieces this closely, I start with the center image
and the space the other 2 images evenly on each side of it.

Soft Suede Ink
V. Vanilla, Soft Suede CS
Espresso Baker's Twine, sponge
Northern Flurry Embossing Folder - on large Vanilla layer
Apothecary Accents Framelits
*****
A little bit of coloring. 
I stamped the image on Very Vanilla with Stazon Black.
I used Aqua Painters to color the background around the skates,
then colored the rest with markers.  There is Dazzling Details Glitter
on the holly berries.  To create the shadows I colored the blades
and heels of the skates with Sahara Sand then went over the
darker shadow areas with Crumb Cake.  I wanted the dimension
without adding really dark color tones to the card.

Stazon Ink - Asserted markers
Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler CS
5/8 Inch Crochet Trim Victoria, Pearls
Square Lattice Embossing Folder on banner
Holiday Frame Embossing Folder on the Espresso layer
*****

Next on the blog hop is Mickey's blog Paper Conversation
The projects she made with the Border Banter stamp set are wonderful!
Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the hop!



1) Jennifer (jentimko) -- Snowflake Soiree
2) Sharon (createdbyu) -- Joyous Celebrations
3) Rhonda (rhondag) -- Watercolor Winter
4) Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Scentsational Season
5) Debra (webdeb) -- Evergreen
6) Kim (s1itcher46) -- Winter Memories
7) Mickey (MickeyRoberts) -- Border Banter
8) Yapha -- Jewish Celebrations
9) Katherine -- Toxic Treats
10) Cindy (CindyE) -- Monster Munchies
11) Betty (kittystamp) -- Frightening Feline
12) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Googly Ghouls
13) Heidi (hlw966) -- Perfectly Preserved
14) Tanya (tanya27) -- Wonderfall
Happy stamping!

17 comments:

Sarah Biswabic said...

Kim these cards are so beautiful!! I loce the card with the sleigh on it!! I could not find anyone else doing the hop:(

sue said...

The spotlight card is my favorite!

lisa808 said...

I love the sleigh image and it is so perfect with the woodgrain background. tfs so many great holiday creations.

Tanya Boser said...

Wow girl! These are fantastic! I really love the skates card at the end with your blue watercolor background and delicately colored skates. And I have one of the Soft Suede and Vanilla skate cards, so lovely!!

Mickey Roberts said...

Kim, all these cards are just so very lovely! I especially like the sepia vintage card. Stunning!

Yapha said...

Fantastic cards! Your coloring is amazing! Love the monochromatic one, it is even more of a WOW in real life!

Paula said...

Beautiful projects Kim. Love the skate one the most. Or maybe the first one. They are all great!

Betty said...

You have highlighted this stamp set beautifully! Each technique is artfully done!

Katherine said...

I adore vintage stamps - the sled is beautiful and who doesn't love a spotlight card?

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Really sweet cards... love this stamp set and am using it in my Christmas Card class this weekend too! LOVE the spotlighting on the snowbuilding card, really fun!

Heidi Baks said...

But, but, when you color, it is so beautiful! These images are so cute... I must resist, I must resist! :)

Lisa Young said...

Anyone would love to receive these cards! You did a fantastic job coloring and showcasing this set.

Debra Burgin said...

Ooooh, this is tough! I love the first card with the Woodgrain panel, but then again I adore the spotlighting, the sepia card is brilliant, but the skates card is just my style. Beautiful work!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Such diversity with this set! The monochromatic is just genius--so sweet. The others--well, thanks for the tips on coloring. Very helpful!

Jen Timko said...

These are so pretty, Kim! Like Heidi....trying to resist this set. You have made it so hard!

Cindy said...

What a brilliant idea to feature different techniques with the different stamps! And thank you soooo much for adding this set to my order this week (darn you)! :D Seriously, these are all fabulous projects, getting added to my Pinterest board!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Kim, I linked this to the card I made that CASE'd your Soft Suede card...just letting you know-loved your card!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10