Friday, June 15, 2012

It's A Blog Hop!


Hello and welcome to the Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Blog Hop.
The blog hop starts at noon on Friday so all the posts may not be up yet.

If you have been following the hop in order you have
just arrived from Twila's Blog where she created projects
with the stamp set, Chock-Full Of Cheer. Such a great Christmas set.
Twila always does awesome projects. I love all her ideas.

There are 13 stops on the hop and I am stop #2. So if you are just beginning
with my blog be sure and hop all the way around until you come back
to my blog so you won't miss any of the wonderful ideas
everyone has created to share with you.
Look for the next blog picture at the bottom of this post or the words "next blog".

*****
I am featuring For The Birds, the set that was at the top of my list of favorites.  I don't know what it is about these birds that caught my fancy, but they did. 
I hope they catch yours too!

Project #1 - A set of cards for a hostess gift.
I used both markers and blender pens to color my images.
 The card holder is 4.5" x 4.75" and 3'/4" deep. 
Just big enough to hold these 3 cute cards.

***** 
Project #2 - A birthday Shadow Box card.
I popped up the little birds inside. 
Monday I'll share where I got this great idea.


*****
Project #3 - A Baby Shower Easel Card
made with the Apothecary label dies.
Love this little bird in the nest!


*****
Project #4 - A cute Christmas tag. 
Before die cutting the tag, I folded the cardstock up several inches,
to create a longer tag.  I used the Chevron embossing folder on both
the tag and circle then lined them up over each other.
The right thing to do is glue them together first.  lol
 The ribbon is the new Stitched Satin ribbon. 
The end of the tag is cut with the new Large Scallop Edgelits Die.
I used one of the templates from the new Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack with it.
Such great new toys, er, tools!  :D

Please feel free to sign up to be a blog follower, or check back Monday for the how tos for the projects I created. Hop on over to Adriana's Blog now to see the adorable things she has done with the Two by Two single stamp.  The cutest Noah's Ark I have seen!






1) Twila (tjdstampsalot) -- Chock-Full Of Cheer -- Stamp A Little Longer
2) Kim (s1itcher46) -- For the Birds -- Stitchin n Stampin' on Paper
3) Adriana (escape2stamp) -- Two by Two -- escape2stamp
4) Carmen -- Blast Off -- Stamping Addiction
5) Sara (lilyinkpad) -- Bug Me -- Lily's Ink Pad
6) Heidi (hlw966) -- The Great Outdoors -- RunningwScissorsStamper
7) Tanya (tanya27) -- Serene Silhouettes -- Tinkerin In Ink with Tanya
8) Debra (WebDeb) -- Fine Feathers -- Heartfelt Inkspiration
9) Rhonda (rhondag) -- Horse Frontier -- The Stampin' Bunny
10) Yapha -- A Fitting Occasion -- Rubber Stamping & Card Making with Yapha
11) Mickey (MickeyRoberts) -- Layered Labels -- Paper Conversation
12) Betty (kittystamp) -- Clockworks -- Kitty Stamp
13) Paula (scrapshappen) -- Moving Forward -- Stampin' with Paula

Happy stamping!

17 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

Great tip with the tag. You have just saved me lots of time ;)
Great ways to use this set - tfs!

Mickey Roberts said...

Love the tag, Kim! I like the scallops on the bottom with the Paper Piercing. My templates are scheduled to arrive at my door this afternoon with Mr. Brown. I can't wait! All the projects are just adorable!

lisa808 said...

All your projects are lovely and the coloring fabulous.

Stampngrl said...

That apothecary label baby card is amazing! I hope you'll share how to make that one, also! Love all the little birdies!

Yapha said...

Fabulous projects! The card set is great, and I love that shadow box card!

Betty said...

Ok you convinced me...This set will be on my next order! Your ideas are super for showing just how versatile these cute little birdies are-TY!!

Sarah said...

Kim, I love these cards!!

Katherine said...

Your coloring is fabulous, I love the large tag. I can't believe I keep missing that edglit - it's on my MUST ORDER list for sure!

Pat T. said...

Beautiful projects! You did an amazing job colouring the first project and the gift tag is full of awesome details. Thank you for sharing. I am now a new follower!

Twila said...

Kim, such cute ideas! Love the cards and holder in the first picture, and the momma bird on the nest is such a cute baby card, but I have to say the Christmas tag is my favorite! Love how you made the tag longer. I gotta try that.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

The tag is so darn cute!!! Love the hostess set and the nest is daern cute. The peekaboo card is perfect!

Debra Burgin said...

Oh! I love the easel card! Then again, I love them all!

Carmen said...

Such fun!! I love the idea of the set of cards for a hostess gift!!

Heidi Baks said...

What a cute little versatile set! Great way to showcase it, Kim.

Paula said...

Great projects Kim. Love the easel card the most.

Tanya Boser said...

Fabulous job coloring all of the adorable images in this set! And who could pick a favorite here? Not me!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Such cuteness Kim!!! I love your super projects with this set!!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10