Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hello Papaya Collage

 Well there is no papaya in this set but it make a great vintage card. 
I did layers on layers.  It is another for the QC Swap Group. 
I only had to make 7, so I didn't mind the extra layers.

I started with a Crumb Cake base
I stamped the rose in Crumb Cake and the butterfly
in Pool Party on Vanilla for the next layer.

I die cut and embossed the edge of the 2nd largest framelit from the Label Collection dies.  I  then stamped the foliage stamp on it with Crumb Cake.
I attached a length of Pool Party Seam Binding ribbon over that.

I die cut doilies with the Paper Doily Sizzlits Die  and sponged Crumb Cake around the edges of them.  That layers over the ribbon. 

A 3.5" Crumb Cake circle layers between the doily and the image layer.  To punch out the image layer you cut around the bird tail and pull that up inside the punch then punch out your circle.
A quick picture so it makes sense.  The bird is stamped in Soft Suede.

I stamped the butterfly in Soft Suede, then punched out triangles for the banner pieces with the Pennant Punch.  After sponging the edges of them, I attached them to a 5" piece of Very Vanilla 3/8" Ribbon.  I highlighted the full butterfly image with the smallest pearls. 

The frame in the lower left corner is stamped in Soft Suede and hand cut.  Remember I only made 7 of these.  :)  I dressed this up with 2 small pearls.  The center circle is a butterfly stamped in Pool Party with one more pearl.  I think the 7 of these took as long as making 15 of the last card.  :)

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Love the card! The layers, banner, and bird's tail are all fab details.

Sylvia Pelekane said...

Thank you for sharing your creative style

LisaBee said...

Beautiful!!!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10