Monday, April 30, 2012

Retiring Stamp Sets Blog Hop How tos

Here are all the where to find the info links for the Blog Hop cards.

Click here to find out about the Spotlighting Technique.
 On this card I did 2 Step Stamping - same image,
as well as the Spotlight technique.

***
Masking Technique
 For this card I used a Post It circle for the "moon", it stayed attached
while I sponged the sky background.I placed a post it with a straight edge
across on too.  After removing the Post It, stamp on the card front with
the flowers and words.

Click here to find out about another Masking Technique card.
I shared this technique this past Thursday.

***
 2 Step Stamping
 Usually this is done with a stamp set designed to be stamped in 2 steps.  While that is easy, this is another way to use a stamp with a single solid image. Stamp your lighter image, here More Mustard.  Clean your stamp.  Reink with a  darker ink, here Chocolate Chip.  Stamp up and right from the previous image's starting spot.  I practice on scrap paper before stamping on cardstock.  I stamped the grass image from Inspired by Nature over the top of the 2 flower images in Old Olive.

***
Shadow Stamping
 In Shadow Stamping, you stamp once normally and then stamp again just slightly “off” of the original stamping spot to create a textured look.  I used Craft White Ink,and heat set it (to dry it), for the first image.  I like to line my stamp block up with the corner of the cardstock for my lighter or first stamped image.  Then stamp Not Quite Navy over it just a little bit down and right.  About 1/16" difference.  Again it's a great idea to practice this on scrap paper fist.
 On the sentiment shape I stamped the word in full ink.  I then stamped off the flowers 2 times and stamped over the words to get a lighter effect of the same color ink.

***
My all time favorite technique with this set is Faux Silk.
This is was my every new workshop card to create with the guests.  We added Pumpkin Pie ink over the edges of the flowers after they were inked with Daffodil Delight. The stems were colored with Wild Wasabi.  It gave the guests a chance to use the markers and do a fun technique.  After all, how many times do you get to totally crumple up your art before attaching it to the card?

There is a great write up for the Faux Silk technique over at Stampin' Addicts. 
Click here to see the info.

Thanks for hopping by!
Happy stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10