Saturday, March 24, 2012

Flip Flop Card

Flip Flop Cards are now a breeze!!!!
Sizzix has a Flip Flop card die.  It creates a 5" x 5" square card
but the sides can be trimmed some so it fits into a envelope for a 4.25" x5.5".
I was so excited when I saw this on the store shelf.  I love these cards
 but absolutely hate trying to cut them out.  Mine never turned out!

To try out the die I created a Flip Flop Card using Mickey Robert's card idea. 
I love the colors she used.  I realized almost everything on her card was something you can earn free from Sale A Bration purchases!  So clever of her.  :)

Front view

Flipped view


From above
The layers on both sides made the card a bit heavy.  After this,
if I do that many layers on a card, I will glue 2 sheets of CS together
then do the die cut.  It stands well enough.  We made this at stamp night, 
the girls loved it and said this one was a keeper.  :)  I think so too.

In case you want to look for the die this is what the package looks like.
I receive no beneifts from posting this information. 
I just love this style card!

Stamp set: Langauge of Friendship
2011 - 2013 In Color paper and Inks
Soft Suede Ink
Sale A Bration DSP Everyday Enchantment
Sale A Bration Calypso Coral 1/8" Ribbon and Brads
Designer Frames Impression Folders - 2 pack
Bird Builder Punch
Boho Blossom Punch

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

LisaBee said...

My husband thanks you for contributing to my crafting spending :D

Kim said...

You are very welcome Tom. :D

Debbie D said...

Kim ~
I'm a fellow SU Demonstrator & follow your blog. May I ask which store you found the Sizzix die to cut the Flip Flop card? I would love to try to find one. Thanks for sharing your projects!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10