Friday, February 24, 2012

IT'S A PARTY!!!

If you are stopping by from The CSI Project Birthday Party Challenge link up
There are 5 days of party supply how to tutorials following this post.

  Was I loud enough?  Are you in the party mood? 
Welcome to the Stampin' Addict's Party Blog Hop. It's our 3rd anniversary!  Weren't Yapha's projects just adorable. I really like the onesie card.  I now
want someone in my family to get pregnant so I can throw a baby shower. 
Well, not my son and his girlfriend just yet!

*****
I created ideas to use for a toddler birthday party using our friends from Sesame Street.  My son, who is now 29, loved Sesame Street.  Kermit was his favorite Muppet, but he also loved Big Bird and Grover.  Good thing he doesn't read my blog.  I'm not suppose to share stuff about him.  :)

I am so tired of punching circles.  lol  I have so many pictures.  I will definitely be doing tutorials this next week about many of the projects shown here.  Please don't laugh at my food treats.  My hands are so sore from punching circles this week.  It really was hard to hold the icing bags and all.

*****
The Wall Decor and Banner

I created heads with the new Rosette die.  I wanted them on the table but they were too big.  The banner is lots of circles attached in pairs along a length of Baker's Twine.  I die cut the letters for Happy Birthday with the Serif Essentials Alphabet Dies and layered them on the circles.  I had extra faces so I attached them along the banner also.

The Place Settings and Treats
I had first done a plate with Elmo's face on the plate, but it was too busy.  For each place setting there is a different character.  If you had more than 4 guests you could repeat the characters.  I decorated a straw with a punch art face.  I added the face features to a horn and covered the juice boxes to match each character.  For treats there are Cake Pops, (Well not really, I used marshmallows.  It was a mess.  It would have been worse to try to do cake and have the cake balls fall apart. hahaha) Cookie Monster mini cupcakes, ( I found 3" mini ice cream cones that I put cupcakes into and frosted.) and instead of Oscar, I placed Wormy, his best friend, in a mini dirt cupcake.  There are Big Bird cookies but they are truly awful.  I did them last.  You can see then later this week.

The Treat Bags and Goodies
I created Treat Bags with the large Scallop Circle die and Box #2. 
Inside would be, bubbles, (I decorated them like the juice boxes.), from the $1 store, plastic tops, (I covered the Cars pictures with punch art circles.) and small plastic Frisbees, which I decorated like the tops.  I had fun making a sucker tree.  I used colored tissue for the characters, then just glued on circles for the features.  Lots and lots of circles.  :)

*****
I did a peaks and Valley card for the birthday card and Scallop Circle cards of Cookie Monster and Elmo for invitations and thank you cards.  They are in the center of the table in the first picture.  I'll show more about them later in the week too.

I hope these inspire you to think about having a theme party for a young child in your life.  Who could be better guests at a party than the Sesame Street Gang?  Next up in the hop is Sara at Lily's Ink Pad, with a Monkey birthday party.  I can just imagine the hijinks that went on at that party!
 

Happy stamping!

Also linked up at

23 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow! You really went all out on this - you've been quite busy! I think this is the first banner I've ever seen made with circles. I love the different look. Those marshmallow pops sure made me hungry...

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Oh. My. Stinkin'. Cuteness!!!!! Absolutely fabulous!! Love, love, love the Sesame rosettes. So creative!! And all those yummy treats?! Girl, you have outdone yourself. Awesome job!! I want to come to your party. :)

Betty said...

I can not imagine how long this took!! Everything is just TOO CUTE!! The rosette characters are wonderful-- Big Bird's beak is perfect!!!

Yapha said...

Oh my goodness, these are ridiculously cute!!! The rosettes with the faces may have convinced me to actually try a rosette!! Wow!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Wowie!! Everything is SO cute!! The rosettes are wonderful for this! I LOVE the lollipops and treat bags too! Super awesome!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

omggggggg I think you just sent everyone on the fence about the rosette die, straight over the edge!! I can't wait to see all this again when my monitor is fixed and I can actually see colors right. Love the straw deco. Everything is just so cute!

Shelley Z said...

Holy cow! I don't think you missed a thing! This looks like it would be a total blast of a party! When should I be over? Well done!

Lisa Young said...

Ok. Now that I have picked my jaw up off the floor, I can comment! You so deserve the title Super Stamper because everything you made is super, super cute! Outstanding job, Kim.

lisa808 said...

OMGosh, who wouldn't love being at that party?!?!? Young or old, this is amazing.

Debbi said...

I want you to be my party planner! Simply outstanding!

Missi said...

So stinkin cute!! So many fun ideas!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

WOW Kim Fantastic group!! I LOVE that banner!! Way to cute!! All of it!!

Nancy said...

Your ideas are absolutely adorable. My twin grandsons, who love Elmo, will be 2 years old next month and I can't wait to show this post to my daughter - and for your tutorials!!! (I'll be stalking your blog!)

Adriana Benitez said...

Oh my gosh - there are so many cute ideas in here! Even the juice boxes are wrapped with characters... too stinkin' cute. Is it wrong for a 42 year old to have a sesame street party? I can say I'm entering my second youth?!lol

SamieVt said...

I would love to do this for a special little boy that I take care of. His birthday is in May. I just sat here and drooled over this for the last half hour. Can't wait for any tutorial help. Great work!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Jaclynn Marie said...

Cute, Cute and more CUTE!!! What an AWESOME job!!! Thanks for the great ideas and for sharing your creative skills!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

SO much fun! I love the rosette die for the faces...and the banner, and the treats...all of it is so much fun!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, you have been busy! Looks very yummy!!

Paula said...

Cute stuff Kim. My hand would be sore too. :)

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness - this is amazing! Callie clapped and said "ELMO!" Love it all!

Cindy said...

Kim, these are fabulous! My DD, age 31, loved Sesame Street, too. (Is it wrong that I still know the words to all the songs?)

Night Garden Design said...

This is all so clever! I love it!

Tanya Boser said...

I love Sesame Street!! You did an amazing amount of creating here, Miss SuperStamper! Thank you for all of this wonderful inspiration!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10