Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cute Candy Purse


I found this cute purse idea created by Diane Carr. It is made with the Top Note die.  It is such a clever idea and so cute.  I've done purses before using the Top Note die as a bag topper but this is sturdier.

I used some Valentine pattern paper I had in my stash. 
I glued 2 sheets together with SU's Glue stick to make it very strong. 

 


Score 1 3/4" from one end.  Fold on score line.
Inside just below the score line attach Sticky Strip tape. 
Punch 2 holes through at seam for ribbon.
Attach a cello bag onto the tape at the score line.
Attach Sticky Strip tape on inside of flap just below holes you just punched.
Thread ends of ribbon through holes and adhere ends to tape on flap.

Fold flap over and staple shut. 
Tip: I staple so the ends of the staple end up on the front of the flap. 
Then they are covered by the circle.  No sharp ends for fingers to get pierced by.

Punch a small heart and a 1" circle.  Attach over ends of staple on front side,
with a glue dot or Dimensional.
Note:  this layout shetch was created in MDS.  I used a punch shape not
the top note for the base shape.  It's as close as I could get!

These would work for any event.  I think they'd be perfect for a princess party.
Which leads into an announcement, February 24th to Sunday, February 26th
 Stampin' Addict's will be having it's 3rd Anniversary Party Blog Hop. 
 Lots of great deas for different types of party events.
See you there!


Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute idea. TFS.

lisa808 said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Cute purse. Thanks for the tutorial. The Top Note Die is one of my most used dies.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10