Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winter Wonder

We are finally getting some snow around here. 
Cold temps and freezing rain too, but hey, the good with the bad.  lol
Another Hobby Lobby class card.  This was such a fun punch art card. 
I saw this online somewhere and knew I had to make it. 

 I used embossing folders I had in my "other store" box.  This card could be used for a winter birthday, a baby card, or just a "wish you were here" for someone in a warmer location.  haha

I used the smallest punch shape from the Boho Blossom punch, a Jumbo oval, and a strip 1/2" x 1 3/4". to create the hat.  I cut and punched after I embossed a larger sheet.  Much easier to get it to stay in the embossing folder.

I sponged around the edge of the brown circle so it would pop against the brown square.  There are also Dimemsionals under the circle and the pom on the hat.  I like the tone on tone effect of this card.  The banners were strips cut to size then embossed so they would layer over certain words in that folds.  I showed the gals in class how to cut the ends in the V using the 1" square punch.

Slid your strip in at the corner. 
Center the point on the strip.  Make sure the ends are even and punch.

Easy, peasy, instant banner ends.  I can punch up to 3 at a time.

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

well that's just super cute!!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10