Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Watercolored Flowers

I taught this today at the technique class. When planning the class it inspired reminded me, I could use it for this swap card.  This is also an outline stamp.  It is the new Bordering On Romance stamp set in the Occasion Mini.  Which starts today!
These are my finished flowers.  Messy, eh?
I used Baja Blue, and Celery first.  Let them dry.  I used Pink Pirouette on some small blossoms.  Then added Not Quite Navy and Old Olive as accents.  For all of this I used a fine mist spray bottle and a fine tip watercolor brush as the detail areas are small.  To add the accent colors I worked with a fairly dry brush.  I kept a tissue handy to blot up excess ink right away.

I punched out the images with the 1 3/4" Circle punch and layered them on a doily from the Perfect Pennants Bigz Die.  The designer paper is the new Twitterpated dsp.  Baja Blue Seam Binding ribbon, Black and Basic Gray cs as the base layers.  The Basic Grey is embossed with the Square Lattice Textured Impression folder.

Here's the whole swap group.

I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Beautiful coloring.

Kim said...

Thank you Lisa! I enjoyed creating these.

Missi said...

What a beautiful card! I really love the colors and the coloring!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10