Monday, January 2, 2012

How-tos Occasion Mini Blog Hop 2012

The Nursery Set

These were created with the new Designer Rosette Bigz XL die. 
It cuts a panel that measures 5" tall by 12" long.

 I cut my strips 4" tall.  I could get 3 out of each 12"x12" sheet.
I just laid them a hair above the top edge of the die.

The die cuts, and scores all lines for you.  I was able to cut 3 sheets of dsp at one time.  You should test this, as every die cut machine is different. 
Copy paper doesn't score or fold well. 


I used the Crop A Dile to punch through the straight ends
to create an opening to thread the Bakers Twine through.
 

Fold the 3 strips on all score lines. 
Attach the 3 pieces together with Sticky Strip tape,
overlapping just one fold section at each end.

Thread Baker's Twine through holes.  After it was threaded all the way around, I threaded back through the starting point. In green parenthesis.  I gently pulled the Bakers Twine through, gathering the cone as I  pulled.  I didn't cut the Baker's Twine off the package until I was done.  You only need a short piece to tie the cone together but you need a long piece for threading around!

Gather the cone so it is pulled tight. 
Too large an opening and the cone just flops around.

If you forget and have the ends on the outside, tie off the twine and slide it between 2 layers of an overlap section.  It would be best to have the knot end up on the inside of the cone.

Thread ribbon through 1/2 circle openings at top edge. Seam Binding ribbon worked great.  Anything heavier in this width would have torn the paper.  After I had threaded the ribbon through the openings.  (Sorry forgot to take a picture at this point.)  I pulled some out at each side to create the handles.  About 4" on each side.  You need to tie a knot next to the cone so the ribbon doesn't pull back through.  Then tie a bow in front. 
If you place a cotton ball in the bottom you can use the basket to hold small stuff or just hold cotton balls.  You could also place a plastic glass insid eif you have one the right size.

I stamped and attached the tags with 4 glue dots on the raised ridges.
The punched scallop circle is the new White Waffle paper.

*****
The night light is only one die cut section.  See this style night light has side sections that the paper slides into.  I attached the paper to a piece of clear plastic to have a buffer between it and the bulb.  The plastic stays curved so the paper cannot rest on the bulb.  Fire safety at all times.  I only threaded the top edge with the Seam Binding Ribbon, that and the taped at the sides holds it in place.
The image was stamped on the White Waffle paper with Black Stazon ink, 
then colored in with the Watercolor pencils and Blender Pen.
It was too hard to photograph at night but this is what I got. 
The image does glow through beautifully. 

Again sorry but I do not know where you can find this style night light. 
I bought it on clearance a few years ago.

*****
There is a great tutorial on you tube by Dawn Olchefske for the Scallop Easel card.

*****
The scrapbook card is so easy.  Cut dsp 6" x 12".  Score at 6" and fold.  This is your page base.  Cut another layer of dsp 5.5" x 5.5".  Stamp your sentiment and image on a neutral color, then layer that on a contrasting color.  My image is a funky shape because I left a big smear of brown ink on one corner of the rectangle.  I just trimmed it and the background piece.  You'd never have known I goofed if you hadn't been told.  :)

The inside is just a white piece to place a photo on. 

Cut this to be 1/2" wider that your photo in each direction.  If your photo is 4" x 5", cut the white layer 4.5" x 5.5".  You can add another sentiment here or just a handwritten note.  After you've displayed your holiday card, cut the card in half to create 2 - 6" x6" pages to place in an album.

*****
The last was just my swap card, which should be easy to case
(copy and share everything) by looking at the picture.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thank you so much for the how-to and the helpful hints! I may end up ordering this die on my next order. :)

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10