Friday, December 2, 2011

Stocking Stuffers

I've been busy making stuff for a craft sale this Sunday.  If you're local to
Green Bay WI, come on over to the Riverside Ballroom 1560 Main St.,  
December 4th,  10-3pm.  Let me know you are a blog follower
and I'll have a fun goody for you.

Here are some of the stocking Stuffers I've made. 
They are rather simple as I made lots of them!

***
A 4 pack peppermint patty treat or 3 pack Sixlets. 
Gingerbread stamp from retired SU set, Holiday Sampler.
There is a current one in Got Treats?, which I forgot I owned.  lol
I got these bags from Clearbags,com.
These mints are smaller than last years.


***
Snowman poop with last years Hostess set, Snow Buddies.
I love craft shows, they give me a reason to use the sets
I liked so much, that retired.
poem (on the back):
I hear you've been naughty
So listen, here's the scoop.
Instead of getting coal this year,
you get snowman poop.

***
 These are punch art reindeer candy bars.  Inside are
the Hershey and Kit Kat bars from the 10 ct packs.
The antlers were a pain.  Next time snowmen!

***
Here are 2 Christmas pencils in SU's 1" x 8" bags. 
I attached the scallop decorations with Sticky Strip
to the bag rather than make toppers.  It was much faster.


***
Santa's Magic Key
No chimney in the house?  This solves Santa's dilemma of how to get inside with the presents.  These were fun.  I had a Sizzix die to cut the key.  The shapes are cut from chipboard.  It is layered between 2 layers of either metallic paper or dsp.  Top Note die for the base.  I found the poem online.
 Poem:

Instructions:
How does Santa get in when you don’t have a chimney?
Leave this magic key by your front door and make it easier for Santa to come in.
"Take this magic key tonight, and hang it on your door so tight.  Santa's on his way to you in his sleigh, with presents too!"


***
Magic Reindeer Dust
I was worried about the glitter factor in these,
so I did oatmeal, colored sugar, some Christmas sprinkles
and white sugar.  Much safer, just in case kids decide to sample it.
Poem:

Magic Reindeer Food

Sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home.

That's my last week.  :)
Happy stamping!

6 comments:

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

These are all so adorable!! I bought colored sugar years ago (first year the target mailboxes were popular) to make the reindeer food, and never did. I need to do it this year for my son's g/f's daugher and her 2 cousins.

lisa808 said...

Adorable projects. Good luck at the fair.

Kards by Kadie said...

Oh My Gosh Kim....I seriously must have been sleeping when it came to knowing where you are located. Wisconsin is my HOME! And Green Bay is only a stones through away from Madison. If I were still in Wisconsin I would for sure come out Sunday to say hi! Good luck on your fair and have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your fabulous projects.

Anonymous said...

Good luck this weekend, Kim! Your projects are sweet. Every year my girlfriends request the peppermint patty project just to see what set I will use. We do the magic reindeer food every year with the grandkids and I have made several Santa keys for friends kids and grandkids over the years. Merry Christmas and happiest of holidays to you!
Ad K.

Barb said...

I saw you at the Riverside craft sale this weekend. Very cute stuff! I'm a new follower!

http://barbshobbyhighlights.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Welcome Barb! It was a great craft sale.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10