Thursday, December 22, 2011

Appreciation Gifts

I feel like one of the elves. 
I've been busy making gifts as, this Saturday, is Christmas Eve!!!
I'd like someone to monitor the time factor, it's going by far too fast.  lol

 I made these, only 27 of them  :), for the employees at Hobby Lobby
where I teach card classes.  Everyone is so supportive and helpful all the time.
They can be hung on the tree or in the center of a wreath or even go on a gift bag.

Don't forget to go to this post
to enter for a chance to win a Simply Sent kit
and coordinating stamp set.

 
*****
The ornament how tos:
I used Modge Podge to attach designer paper to each side of a 4" coaster. 
I die cut them with the larger shape on the Scallops #2 using the Big Shot.
The top part is metallic paper die cut with a Tim Holtz die,
 as the tab punch wasn't large enough for these. 
I folded the 4" x 1.75" piece of metallic cardstock to 2" x 1.75"
and cut it at one end of the die to get this shape.

I attached these with Sticky Strip. 
I punched holes with the Crop A Dile and tied Glenda's bows
through the hole and around the topper. 
I can't find a tutorial on that, so I'll have to do a post on this bow.

I wrapped ribbon around the center point of the scallop shape 
and attached it with Sticky Strip. 
Over where the ends meet I placed a Extra large Oval punch shape
embossed with the Merry Christmas words.  I added a rhinestone or pearl to this.
There is matching silver or gold cord to hang them from.
I packaged them up in the cello envelopes as they went in a bin to sit in the employees lounge where they could pick one to take home.  I did 4 different designs.  The paper is a pack I bought at HL of Vintage Christmas embossed with glitter.  I thought I should use store product for their gifts.  ;)

Merry Christmas and happy stamping!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

So, you only made 27!!! Santa is liable to kidnap you to help at the North Pole!

Merry Christmas!

Kim said...

lol
I wouldn't have to clean my house then. :)

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10