Thursday, November 17, 2011

Do you have extra stocking toes?

. . . . from cutting out die cut stockings.  lol  I know the title is freaky.
I found a use for those extra toes and heels.


For the wreath:
I cut a 3.5" circle then punched out the center to have  base. 
I embossed all the peices with the Square Lattice die.
I glued 2 layers of heels, then 1 layer of toe pieces on to create the wreath.
I curled up each piece to add dimension. 
It looks off here, but it turned out evenly round.  Camera angle.

It's hard to avoid cutting out extras.  They're so close together.
I had collected quite a pile of toes and heels.
I decided to create these small wreaths for on packages this holiday.
I learned how to make a cool flower in a Mini Scrapbook class
I took the other day.  I wanted to make it with an SU punch though.
After playing around a bit I came up with this.



To make the flower:
You need 4 punch shapes from the Doily Triple Layer Punch.
1 of the full punch out and 3 of the middle punch out.

Cut in through 2 of the small openings on the  rounded end sections.
Fold the sides under on all four sides.
Layer 3 folded "petals" on a brad. Folded side down.
Place the 1 full punch shape behind them
and fold ends of brad down.

Pull petals up toward center. 
I edged them with Dazzling Details too.  After assembling!

It's been fun to just create stuff today.  Off to use up the red toes.

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

LisaBee said...

Brilliant and beautiful!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10