Saturday, April 16, 2011

Birthday Ice Cream Cones!

I'm having fun with the Petal Cone die.  I had a few ask what it looks like.
Here is a picture of the die in paper.

Here is the Ice Cream Card I created with the Petal Cone die. 
I used the full shape of the cone, trimming off the little flap for attaching them.   Then ran it through the crimper 2 times in each direction. You could also use a Big Shot Texture Plate for this effect.

I die cut 3 "flavors" of ice cream and texturized them with different plates.  If you look at the inside view I also cut 2 more of the "chocolate flavor" and layered them in the inside.  It looked odd with the round top of the cone shape showing.


This Big Shot die has a great ribbon banner.  You could get an even longer banner by using folded CS and placing it just below the one fishtail end on the die before cutting.  I need something in the center of the Boho Blossoms shapes on this card yet.


Inside view
I used the Bring on the Cake greeting stamp set for this card.

Off to create something fun with a longer banner!
Oh, I still need to make a Petal Cone basket!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

That is adorable! Love the little streamers hanging down. I'm itching to get this die!

LisaBee said...

Perfect bday card!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10