Monday, March 14, 2011

A quick card for St. Patricks Day

With the embossing folders so much texture can be added to a quick card. 


This is a cool trick.  I placed thicker tag board over the outside edges of the embossing folder.  Then I ran it through the Big Shot and embossed just the sides of the cardstock piece.  It leaves the center flat for stamping or attaching images as I did.

There is a layer of white cs on mine also.  I need to  
do that for my Big Shot.  Each machine is a little different.

Using some retired Glorious Green cardstock and ink.  I punched the three shamrocks with the 1" circle punch from the center of the single St. Patrick's day stamp, layered them on 1.25" circles.  I layered a white strip of cardstock over a green ribbon ( not SU).

The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Phrases.  I really use this set a lot, I am so glad I have it.  It is stamped on a Whisper White Modern Label punch, layered over a green Modern Label punch cut in half and extended out the sides.  I am so annoyed, I misplaced the die cut that matches this punch. 
I know it's here somewhere, probably in a safe place!  lol

Two brads are set into the punch shape before it is attached with dimensionals.  Attach it all to a green card base, and you're set to celebrate the wearing o' the green!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Quick & cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! Love your card! Sort of intrigued how you did that for the nontexture. I just made 2 cards for combination birthday/St. Patrick's Day and would love to try this for next year when I need them. The three of us shared the same day and it is fun to surprise them. One is our minister's wife and they will be transferring out of our church this summer. If you don't have someone that you are sending this card to - I would love to buy it from you for a model for the future. I just love the texture and the simplicity is a nice touch. I tend to keep adding and adding until I muck up the cards! Thanks for sharing.

Chris R. from Iowa

ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

Renee said...

awww what a great idea for embossing! Love it! thanks for the tip! great st. paddys day card. hugz n blessings.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10