Friday, March 4, 2011

A Cup o' Joe or two!

I finally got to play around with the Morning Cup set
and matching wheel this last week.   I came up with several projects.
 
Here I made a Top Note box to hold a variety of drink mixes.
It's a 1.5" x 3" box.  A Top Note die cut is attached to the front. 
I wheeled across with the Take A Sip Wheel and colored in with markers. The tag is from the Matchbox die.  I sponged around the edges of both and tied a piece of Striped Real Red Grosgrain around it all.

 
Here is a 4" x 4" tea holder. 

Inside view
 Cardstock base 4' x 11"
Score at 4" and 8" fold on score lines.
Trim corner from 3/4" at inside top edge to 2.25 on right side.
Attach Sticky Strip to bottom edge of the 3rd flap.
Fold in and attach to back.
Stamp and color teapot on a tag shape.  Attach only right edge to flap. 
Attach a banner greeting under tag.

Front:
2.5" x 3.5" White CS
Round corners with Corner Rounder punch.
Stamp teacups twice in a stack.  I used a post-it stamped with the cups and trimmed to do masking for stacking.
Stamp teabags and "tea"rific randomly along cups.
Attach 2" x 3" dsp to card front. 
Attach 15" ribbon over dsp.  Attach white image piece.
Use Dimensionals to attach Buttons.  I used the Crumb Cake marker to add "thread" to the buttons.
Holds 2 teabag packets.

I made a card using the Tulip Embossing folder and a tag from the 2Tag die.
 I sponged over the embossed edge with Soft Suede.  I used
the post-it masking technique to create this stack of cups.
The banner is attached with a  Dimensionals and curled to be 3D.


Here was a mistake that I changed into a Christmas colors tag.  The greeting is from a retired business builder set.  I used the Spritzer Tool to add texture to the tag.  I tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon around it to add a splash of color.
Off to stamp some more!

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

lisa808 said...

Totally 'tea'lightful!

Kim said...

:D Cute lisa!

Davina Allgrim said...

Love your ideas for this stamp set. You have a very nice blog and I am passing on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. Be sure to check out my blog for details:
http://teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com
Davina

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

These are great Kim! Love em.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10