Friday, February 25, 2011

Stampin' Addicts Technique Blog Hop


Happy 2nd Birthday Stampin' Addicts!

Here you all are at stop #8 with your head spinning from all the great ideas! 
If you are going forward in the hop you've just come from Betty's blog Kitty stamp.  I love the Watercolor Crayons, I can't wait to try out her techniques with them.

I'm sharing the Faux Flocking technique with you today.  A very easy, but sticky, technique.  I am still trying to get the Crystal Effects off my fingers.  :) 
Well, I'm a messy stamper.

My birthday ensemble.  A gift card or money holder.   A Favor Box for take home treats, and a fun gift bag with tag.  The technique is used on the cupcakes.  I'll post all the info on Monday about how to do this.


Inside view of gift card holder.

*****

My birthday gift to give someone.  A set of herb notecards inside a dressed up Fancy Favor box.  I used the technique on the herbs.  After stamping coordinating images on the envelopes I also colored them.  The flower on the box is a 3 scallop circle flower.  The brad in the center has faux flocking on it also.


I hope you enjoyed the projects, come on back Monday for all the details!
Next up on the hop is Sarah at Sarah's Ink Spot.  She'll be sharing paper piecing techniques with you.  Another fun technique!


    


Happy Stamping!

27 comments :

Heidi Baks said...

The herb notecards are lovely!

Betty said...

Love the fluffy frosting! The texture is very cool.

Lois said...

I love the cupcakes! Looking forward to Monday to see how you did the frosting! Thanks for sharing!

lisa808 said...

Fun cupcake ensemble. Love the notecard set and wavy holder.

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Kim - I love how you made "sets" and absolutely love the herb set. Beautiful job as always.

Adriana Benitez said...

This is a new technique for me - never heard of it. Thanks for the samples. They're adorable!

Yapha said...

These look amazing! I can't wait to learn how to do it!!

Tanya Boser said...

Love the fluffy!! Those herbs notecards are calling to me :)

Jen Timko said...

These are wonderful! You outdid yourself with the herb notecards!! I can't wait to see more details on this.

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Fabulous projects Kim!! I'm so curious about this techinque. I guess I better come back on Monday and find out more!! :)

MaryR said...

great projects Kim!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Great job Kim! I Really love the herb note cards and box.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Great projects Kim!! I love all of them the cupcake stuff looks yummy!!!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

I am so loving that herb note card collection--you have pushed me over the edge on that set!

Looking forward to hearing the details on your neat technique, Kim.

Carmen said...

This is still on my must try list!! I love everything you made!

Amy said...

I really need to try this! My favorites are the herb cards! You've inspired me to get that set out and create! Great job!

Cindy said...

Oooo, I can't wait to see how you did the faux flocking! I love the herb cards especially - simply beautiful!

Trina Caraway said...

Cute projects, Kim! Love the note card set.

Susan said...

nice projects, but where's the "sharing" of the "faux flocking"?
Susan

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Great ensemble---so very fun to add a different kind of texture.

Barbara Welch said...

Kim, awesome job with this technique. Thanks for sharing.

Twila said...

Hi Kim, you did a great job with this technique! Love the frosting!

Kandi said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see the deets

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Awesome projects Kim! WOWIE I love the herb notecards! So pretty!

Auntie Em said...

Your projects are all so nice! It's worth getting a messy sometimes to make such a special project. I love your little cards and holder set too.
Sweet!
Thanks for sharing!:)

Debbie Kissel said...

Ohh-- thanks for sharing a new technique!

Lisa Young said...

Super cute projects Kim! I love the little herb notecards especially.

01 09 10