Sunday, February 20, 2011

Roses On A Snowy Day

We are going to get snow, snow, snow!!!  Ten inches possible!!!
I so needed a touch of spring.  I got out Fifth Ave Floral and watercolored some roses today.


Another layout with the roses.

I embossed the floral image on watercolor paper (You can also do this on SU Glossy paper.) then throughly spritzed the paper with water.  I did a complete color wash over the images in Pink Pirouette,  then used the Aqua Painter to add drops of Melon Mambo and Real Red ink refill to the image.  After it set up and dried I used an Aqua Painter to add touches of Bravo Burgundy around the edges of some of the petals.  Because I used the watercolor paper, I had to add more water to the stamped image while working on it.  I used a light mist water spritzer for this.  I really like how they turned out.

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Beautiful roses!

Hope the weather wwasn't as bad as predicted.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10