Monday, January 31, 2011

How to create those techniques!

Hi everyone!
I have to share.  I found my all time favorite candy for Valentine's Day again.  I got a bag last year after the holiday and then couldn't find them again!  I got these at Walmart. 
Yummy flavors!
And you thought it would be chocolates!  :D


Okay business of the day!  The how tos for the blog hop.

Click on the technique title and it will take you to a thread at Stampin' Addicts where Rhonda has a great write up for this technique.  Stampin' Addicts is a free site, you can visit as a guest and there is a wonderful challenge section in the forums.

Here is my baby wipes "ink pad".  It's not good for long term use
but does allow enough time for this technique on a few cards.
You can't see it on my card very well, but I wiped across the cardstock with this to get a soft striped background.  I then use it as an ink pad to stamp the stamps onto.   Sometimes I need to reink the "pad" while stamping.  Just apply the same color in the same area on the wipe.  FYI: If you wipe too many times across your card in the same area it muddies the color.

Card #2   Versamark Resist
This is a fun technique.  You stamp your images with Versamark on glossy cardstock.  It's a clear sticky ink so you won't be able to see where you stamped very well.  I look from an angle to see where the cardstock looks shiny when I am stamping. 
Let it dry, or you can carefully dry it with your heat gun.  Then, using sponges or daubers rub ink onto your cardstock.  After all your ink colors are applied, gently buff with a tissue to remove any ink from Versamark areas. 
Finish creating your card.  This is a great technique for a full One Sheet Wonder technique.  Then you cut it to create cards afterwards.

This is my favorite card too.  It just went together so easily.

Here's my cheat.  :)  I am so lazy.  I embossed one full image in each color.  I cut the black one in half for each layer.  I attach the black half image on the white full image for each layer.  Much easier to line up.   By doing the black as the half image, you don't have one side built up and not the other.
Layer on Cherry Cobbler and Voila!
Wait you have an extra half!  Stamp and emboss another image on white and yea!  A second card.


The crown is just pinned on the ribbon. 
For the brad I cut the prongs off and attached it with a dimensional.


3D Project - Notebook and pen
I do like Holly's suggestion in the comments from the blog hop.
And you know what you could pair with that gorgeous vintage notebook? One of those raw wood pencils. . . just run your hobby knife up and down it a couple of times, and you could say you whittled it!

Early espresso Base 7" x 7.5"
Round corners with Corner punch.
Score 3.5" from each end on the 7" side.
Run through the Crimper.

Cut down notepad sheets to 6.5" x 6.75"
Score 3" from each end on 6.5' side. 
I did 16 pages, 4 pages at a time.

    

Using Crop A Dile or Big Bite, punch in from each end.
As long as you are 1" or more from the edge, you'll be fine.
Tie the pages and cover together with a 20" piece of ribbon.
I used Baja Blue Seam Binding.


Front decoration:
Cut 2.5" x 4" Vanilla CS.  Stamp with Woodgrain BG stamp
and En Francais BG stamp using Early Espresso ink.
Stamp bird in lower right hand corner with Marina Mist ink.
Doodle lines around edge with Early Espresso marker.
Sponges edges with Early Espresso Ink.
You can attach the eyelets before or after attaching the Vanilla piece to the notebook front.  These were an afterthought, so they went all the way through.
Attach Vanilla to notebook front.  Punch holes through the layers. 
Using the Crop A Dile or Big Bite, set the eyelets in the CS.


For inside Vanilla HPH item: 
Ink Bliss background stamp image with Marina Mist.
 Stamp off once on scrap paper.  Stamp on Vanilla CS.
Stamp Word Bliss and the bird with full ink over BG image.
Punch out with Designer label punch. 
Glue into frame with Crystal Effects or Mono Multi Glue.
Tie 5" pieces of Baja Blue Seam Binding in each end of HPH. 
Tie them off with Linen thread.  Trim emds to fishtail cut.
Attach to Early Espresso die cut tag from Matchbox die.
Attach this stamped Vanilla layer on notebook.

Use small glue dots to attach the ends of ribbon just below
the Linen thread to notebook.  Otherwise they flop over.

For the pen:
Paper is 3/4" x length of your pen barrel.
Stamp collage style with smallest images.  Use stamp off technique to vary the intensity of the image.  Roll into tube shape and insert in pen.
I also applied sticky strip at the top and bottom of the pen barrel and adhered Marina Mist 1/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon  around the pen.
**********

Remember back on Thursday I said I was awarding this
as the prize for the last week of my birthday month. 
The lucky winner from the blog hop comments is . . . .

True Random Number Generator
Result:  8

lisa808
She said...
tfs so many great cards/projects.
January 28, 2011 12:43 PM


Thanks for visiting the blog hop!  Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

I had to click on the picture of the candy bag to get a better look. I have never seen them before. Enjoy!

Thanks for the technique tips. I've never tried any of those techniques, but now that I have the know-how, there's no excuse!

What a surprise to see my name!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10