Sunday, November 7, 2010

Downline/Upline Meeting

This last Thursday I held a DL/UL meeting. 
We got together for some good food, great fun,
and some super stamping projects!

Big Shot Snowflake Tealight
 This was our ice breaker project.  It was to fill the time while people arrived and our meal was ready. 
You'll need 2 die cut snow flakes.  Make sure you have good plates or those little ovals don't cut through.  :) 
A tea light candle.  You could use one of the battery lights also.  I covered the outside of the metal cup the candle sits in with Sticky Strip then rolled it in the Chunky Glitter.  Very festive!  
A long arm brad (like in the hodge podge kits).  I used this to fasten the 2 snowflakes together. 
Apply a Dimensional to the center of the top snowflake and stick the candle to this.  You can bend also the snowflake "arms" up and down for the tealight to stand up on the table.

For the candle I cased my friend Tanya Boser.  She did this last Christmas for tealight gifts.  Start at step 13 to see how to do the candles.


This is my Upline Sandy's shoebox swap.  It's a gift card holder.  We've been making these for years at her house and it's nice to punch the gift card opening rather than cut it by hand.  :)  The front is embossed and the snowflake is all glittered.

Inside view.

This is my DL Margaret's shoebox swap.  The vellum layer ends at the ribbon and is embossed.  It is inspired by a card done by Tina Moore. 

This is my sideline Nancy Jo's shoebox swap.  The colors are so rich looking. 
You could even swap out the Thanks for Merry Christmas.

This was my swap, yes a 3D.  :)
It is cased from Tami White who did a 3x3 pocket with a gift card last year.  I never got around to making them for Christmas last year,  so I'm trying for this year.  This is made with one of our regular card envelopes.  I also made one with a 5.5" Square envelope.  It holds cocoa and treats for 2.

Back view and contents.

Snowman poems I found.

***
When the weather outside is frightful,
Snowman Soup can be delightful.
May it warm your spirit and your soul.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

When you feel a chill or are saying "brrrr,"
Use the candy cane stick to stir.
Add hot water and sip it slow.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

***
When it's so cold that you holler and whoop,
It's time to bring out the Snowman Soup!

Pour the packet in a mug. Add the marshmallows too.
And throw in these kisses that are special just for you.

***

Was told that you've been good this year - Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near, You'll need to warm the spirit.

So here's a little Snowman Soup, Complete with stirring stick.
Just add hot water, sip it slow. It's sure to do the trick!
 
***
 
Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Missi said...

Your snowman pocket is great! I think you need to post a tutorial, for lazy folks (like me) who don't want to figure it out, lol!!

Anonymous said...

TFS these cute ideas! I stocked up on hot chocolate pacs and will have to get busy real soon. Hope you had a great weekend!

Ad K.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10