Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Vintage Banner

I tied it to the mirror posts after taking the mirror off to prevent glare.
I bought a book about adding the details to projects.  My style tends to get very simple when life gets busy.  I thought this would be a great way to remind me to add the details.   Here is the banner I just couldn't stop adding too!  lol

 I used the Pennant, Beautiful Butterflies, 2 Tags, and the Serif Essentials Alphabet Dies. I layered, sponged, and stamped, to get the banner to look like this.

I glued DSP to chipboard before cutting the alphabet and butterflies dies.

 The flower on the tag here is a 12' strip of ribbon, sponged and  gathered along one edge.  I tied the ends of the thread together. and tucked the raw edges to the back.  The center is a Vintage Brad, new to SU this year.  It is attached with a few dimensionals.  I added a bird punched out of DSP, it is made of 3 layers with the tail and wing ends curled.

The letters have had glitter added by using the glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds.  I just dug around and made a mess of my stamp space.  lol  It was fun to find something that would go with, like the Iridescent Ice brads on the butterfly wings.

Enjoy!
Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Kim this is absolutly amazing!!! Love everything about it!! The colors the style, you really outdid yourself!!
TFS!
Vicky

LisaBee said...

Kim it's gorgeous!!! Very inspiring.

Missi said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10