Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Monogram swap - 2nd group

This was not my intended design.  I started out doing a clean and simple design.  It grew after I did the stencil effect.
I wanted to try the stencils on another card.  It is a large design, a bit hard to incorporate into a vertical card.  By trimming the sides I was able to make it fit. 

The crumpled band is paper rather than ribbon.  I put it on with the technique of pressing the band onto Sticky Strip.  I peeled the paper to get a textured look.  To do this:  Drag the paper strip over the edge of the desk several times, this breaks down the fibers.  Starting at one end peel the layers apart.  Yes there are 2 layers to the paper!  The inside has the textured look I wanted.


I used the new Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon and Crochet Trim for the bow.  I hung tags punched with the  Jewelry Tag Punch from the new safety pins in the Vintage Trinkets Accents & Elements.  Then had fun distressing and sponging the edges.

Lovely Letters, Define Life stamp sets
Vintage Frames Décor Stencil
Vanilla, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler CS
Espresso, Cherry Cobbler Inks
1 ¼”, 3/8” Circle, Jewelry Tag Punches
Cherry Cobbler 1/2 Inch Seam Binding Ribbon
1/2 Inch Crochet Trim Chantilly
Vintage Trinkets Accents & Elements Safety pins

Don't forget to post here, to enter my drawing for my 300th post!


Happy Stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10