Monday, October 25, 2010

And the Blog Candy winners are . . .

So I got through my super busy week. :)
I used http://www.random.org/ to draw the numbers to choose the blog candy winners.  The four winners are:
True Random Number Generator Min: 1Max: 11Result: 9
And the winner is . . . .
Anonymous said...
300!!! Wow! Love all your blog hops. Mandy
MDR0077@aol.com
October 22, 2010 8:52 AM

True Random Number Generator Min: 1Max: 11Result: 1
And the winner is . . . .
Melissa said...
I love love love your peek a boo packaging purse. It is so adorable and could be used for so many things. Thanks for all of you inspiring creative ideas. Congrats on getting to 300 posts and thanks for the bog candy opportunity. (melissamulder@comcast.net)
October 16, 2010 10:40 AM

True Random Number Generator Min: 1Max: 11Result: 10
And the winner is . . . .
Anonymous said...
Congrats on your 300 blog post! What a lot of great ideas.
I love the clear bag too.
Missy
October 22, 2010 10:38 PM

True Random Number Generator Min: 1Max: 11Result: 2
And the winner is . . . .Anonymous said...
I loved your corner book-mark card and the holiday paper tube cracker with the waffle paper. Both are super projects , fast and easy to make. TFS!
Ad K.
October 16, 2010 9:40 PM

Please contact me [ kimbstamps at hotmail dot com] if you did not list your email. 

Now a little stamping. 
  I made a discovery while working on this card.  I was trying to do soot stamping as shown on Dawn Olchefske's blog.  I inked my stamp with Versamark thinking it would lift off more soot.  Hmmm, didn't happen.  So I decided to emboss over it with silver.  Well when I went to get the embossing powder the phone rang and I forgot to go back to the card. 

Good thing I had closed my ink pads! Then next morning I realized the Versamark had dried. I rubbed my finger across it and discovered the Versamark had set the soot much like the clear spray sealer does. The unstamped soot wiped off with a paper towel leaving a cool swirled background.  It's a little hard to see on the glossy with the flash so I tinted a copy of the photo in Picasa.  It helps.
The soot is where black ink would be if you stamped it in ink.  Just cooler on glossy, with that swirly background.  The ribbon is a scrap of white satin ribbon.  I went over it with the Texture wheel and trimmed off 1/64" of one whole edge and 1/3 of the other side for the tassle.  Then combed out the weaving of the ribbon fabric to create the tassle and fringe.  I also tore the paper, distressed the edges, inked over different designs to add layers to the background.  The punched greeting is from the edge of the torn scrap.  I tried distressing an Old Olive brad.  All I did was, take the color off.  so I added Black Stazon ink onto it.

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for picking me as a winner in the blog candy drawing. I have sent you an e-mail. I saw Dawn's video on soot stamping but have not tried it. Glad to see your card with it, now I will give it a shot. TFS
Ad K.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10