Sunday, September 12, 2010

More Dark and Dreary


I had so much fun making the first card, I took time to create some more ideas.  It has stopped raining but is grey and WET outside.  No weeding today!  Yeah!


Card # 1
I was trying to see if I could use up scraps on this card.  The Whisper White piece has had the Crumb Cake pad dragged across it. I also sponged most of the edges with Crumb Cake.  Again, I crumpled and did direct to paper on the image.  I used Basic Grey as well as Crumb Cake.  There are 5 of the new Rhinestones on the bottom right corner of the Old Olive piece.  The black Raven Lace has been scrunched and attached with sticky strip to appear ruffled.

 
Card #2
Here is a simple layout, really easy to do.
I cut squares 2 1/8' x 2 1/4", (The size of the stamped image.) layered them on black.  I placed 3 of the black rhinestones on the Razzleberry dsp square.  I colored in the circle on the stamped image and placed a brad in the center.  Razzleberry Grosgrain  Ribbon is attached in a strip with the black Raven Lace attached to that with skinny sticky strip. I tied the short pieces over both of these.  The Cajun Craze piece is embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper folder.


Last I had to make one of the lanterns I have seen all over the Internet.  It is the Fancy Favor Box with a hole punched out using the new 2.5" Circle punch.  It's a little off. 
 I recommend using a post it punched with the same punch as what you want your opening.  Lay that on the CS then place the punch over it and punch.  Your opening will then be centered.
I used Fine Flourishes on vellum.  It's cute.  It's hard to see the battery light inside with the flash; but I recommend those over open flame candles. 

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10